43 | Baba

thank you for your unwavering patience and support <3

❀❀❀

43

"What do you think of this? Just imagine the Balloons gold and not pink," I said, turning my laptop towards Zayn, who was busy reading. He pushed his glasses up and slightly squinted his eyes at my little mood board of Angie's wedding. He analyzed it a bit longer before nodding his head and giving me a thumbs up.

"I like it; you're doing an amazing job. Don't stress out too much," He said, worry evident in his tone. For the past couple of weeks, all I had been doing was planning Angie's wedding. It wasn't a lot to do as they only wanted an intimate Nikah - not even a Walima. There was only going to be a tiny bachelorette party, and that's it. I am kind of ashamed to say that I've been prioritizing the wedding over my job. I ordered one last thing from Walmart and shut off my laptop, taking the evening to relax.

Relaxation didn't last long though, a couple of days later, it was already the Nikah day. The wild bachelorette party last night had taken everything out of me. It wasn't even crazy, just exhausting. But it was worth it. Angie had invited some friends from Highschool that we haven't seen in forever, and it was just so much fun! Zayn and I were currently at the party store, grabbing the balloons that I had ordered and any last-minute items.

As we approached the counter, setting the many items we were buying on the counter we were met with a familiar face. 

"It's you two again!" The petite elderly cashier - the same one from the emergency balloon order from Bhabi's baby shower months ago.

"Hi" I sheepishly said, 

"Well are you guys a couple now?" She said eyeing the ring on my finger, I nodded while Zayn laughed, 

"I saw it coming; the way the young man looked at you while you were panicking was unforgettable," She said with a small smile as she scanned the items; I blushed. That's so cute that she thought that. At that time, I never would've imagined us married now. Quickly paying, we headed out, as I started to tease Zayn. His skin was flushed red as I continued to make fun of him.

"You are incredibly annoying" He said parking the car at the venue, side glancing at me. 

I proudly smiled getting out of the car, "I know" 

We walked inside hand in hand but when I noticed the lingering aunties standing around and whispering I let go, to which Zayn grabbed my hand again,

"They're staring" I whispered, they had no shame as they continued to stare blatantly talking about us, 

"Let them I'm allowed to hold my wife's hand" He huffed accentuating the word "Wife"

We then let go, separating our ways as I went to the women's hall, and he went to the men's. The hall was nicely decorated; after I added the finishing touches, I went to find Angie. After a couple of calls and asking around, I finally found the beautiful bride, who was seated on a chair as she finished getting ready,

"Angie!" I squealed, hugging her very gently, trying not to ruin her beautiful white dress. Angie's mother, Carroll, wanted to see Angie in a traditional, class white wedding dress, so she had gone with this beautiful lacy white ball gown. The sleeves were adorned in lace as the bottom of the dress slightly flared out. She didn't need her hijab since it was segregated, but Carroll had it on hand just in case.

"You look beautiful!" I said as she twirled giving me a full 360! 

"Abu Bakrs going to freak out!" I said causing her to blush, I then turned to Carroll,