05 | swedish cider

❀❀❀

05

I woke up at 11am. I haven't slept in this late since high school. But I also forgot to wake up for fajr...
Today Mama, Zara, and I will go buy stuff for Omar and Bhabi's house. They had already bought a house that they are moving into the day after Bhabi arrives, so she has trusted us to buy all the nick nacks for her home and set it up.

It's been a while since we three went shopping, so I'm very excited. I threw on a hoodie and some jeans that matched with my favorite hijab. I threw on my hijab so that front pieces of my hair would still show. Mama looked at me, weirdly, but she ignored it.
I had been wearing hijab since the 3rd grade out of my own choice, which I tell people- and it's true. But I don't think I was ready. I look on Instagram, and I see these beautiful Hijabi's wearing their hijab like mine, so it can't be that bad, right?

❀❀

"DIBS ON SHOTGUN!!!!" Zara said as she ran to the car

"And?" I asked, taking my keys out of my purse

"I'm driving anyway; what's the point," I laughed.
With that, we began talking about the home decor as we neared our first destination.
Ikea.

❀❀

"Let's get this," Zara exclaimed as she grabbed some Swedish cider.

"Why do we need that," Mama said as she started loading things onto the cash register. "Put away, Zara, you're not gonna like it." I said grabbing myself a chocolate bar.

"Mama I promise you this will be my new favourite drink"

❀❀

"I hate it," Zara said, gagging as she spat the cider out of the window 

"Told you."

❀❀

Once we arrived at Omar and Bhabi's house, I unlocked the door, and we started to decorate.

We had bought some abstract paintings from Home Sense that we hung up, and some cutlery and other decor stuff. The furniture shopping was boring, so we decided to leave that to Omar and Bhabi. I was feeling so exhausted, the second we got home I collapsed onto my bed, falling asleep.

❀❀❀