32

"Kiss me." George whispered when I refused to do so. We were laying in bed and it was in the middle of night but we had just been talking and enjoying that we were able to share a bed. I shook my head, smiling in amusement. "Just a little one."

"We're gonna wake up Fred."

"By kissing?"

"I know you." I whispered. "You're gonna get way too into it and by the end of it, we'll be laughing so hard that he wakes up."

George ran his hand up to my face and brushed some hair out of my face before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"I know what you're doing." I whispered, making him look at me. "Trying to be all loving and sweet so that I want to kiss you."

"What?" he chuckled. "I have no idea what you are talking about."

"Sure you don't." I smiled. "Try and sleep George. It's been a long day and we're both tired after the train ride."

"I can't sleep." he told me, his hand running back down to where it was before. On my waist, drawing circles on my bare skin.

"No?" I asked. "Why not?"

"I don't know." he said. "Maybe because you don't want to kiss me."

"Gosh!" Fred suddenly exclaimed, making me jump a little. "Just kiss him so he can shut up."

"See, Fred agrees with me." George said, smirking at me.

"I just want to sleep." Fred spoke. "So just kiss him, Liz but try not to make too much noise."

I laughed lightly, leaning closer to George, pressing my lips to his while I ran my hand into his hair.

"But I swear to god if you have sex in my bunk, I will make you regret it in the morning." Fred said and I broke the kiss as I laughed.

After a lot of persuading, George managed to talk Fred into letting us have the lower bunk for the Easter holiday because we are two people and George didn't want to let me sleep on a mattress on the floor again.

I convinced George to try and sleep but after about ten minutes of trying to do so, he sighed and sat up, making me look at him.

"What're you doing?"

"Getting up." He told me. "I can't sleep so I'm gonna go make some breakfast."

"Breakfast?" I chuckled. "It's in the middle of the night."

"Yeah." He smiled at me and I watched him get out of the bunk. He turned to me, resting his hand on the bars of the top bunk while he leaned down to look at me. "Do you wanna join me?"

I watched him for a moment before giving in and joining him out of bed.

"You look cute." George smiled at me, playing with the hem of my shirt. I looked down at myself before looking up at him again.

"I look like a child." I told him.

"Well, you are a child. You still have the trace on you." He smirked. "And I don't."

"You're seventeen, I get it." I chuckled. "But just wait until next month. I'll annoy you so much with the fact that I'm finally seventeen as well."

"Can't wait." He joked and made his way to the door, opening it. I followed him out and together we walked down the stairs to the kitchen.

"What are your plans after Hogwarts?" George asked me as he grabbed the package of bread from the kitchen table. "You've never mentioned your dreams. Literally never."

"I don't have any dreams." I told him. George looked at me and pointed at one of the chairs by the counter. I sat down, looking at him after I did.

"Everyone has dreams." He said. "You have too. You just don't want to tell me."

"How is it... that you know me so well?" I asked with a light laugh.

"I'm your boyfriend." He said, finding two plates before he slowly started preparing the bread. "I'm supposed to be good at reading you."

"Well, if you're that good at reading me." I breathed. "What do I want to do? What's my dream?"

George glanced at me, a small smile spreading across his face. "You want to be an artist. You like to draw. You love to draw."

"You're good." I said, making him laugh. "But it's stupid."

"It's not stupid." He told me. "Why do you think it's stupid?"

"I like to draw and I'm good at it but that doesn't mean I can make a career out of it."

"I believe you can." He said. "I believe you are going to do wonderful things with that skill of yours."

As I opened my mouth to reply, the door to the house opened and both George and I turned to see Percy. He snuck inside but froze when seeing us.

"Well, who do we have here." George said and when I looked at him, he was smirking. "Percy the rule-follower."

"Shut your mouth, George." Percy replied, closing the door behind him.

"Why're you sneaking in at night?" I questioned, crossing my legs.

"I was supposed to be here in the morning." He said. "But I got here a bit early and I didn't want to wake anyone up."

"Well." I smiled. "It's very nice to see you again, Percy. When was the last time? I don't remember."

Percy watched me for a moment before taking off his coat and his shoes, approaching us in the kitchen. "Must've been last year when I caught you sneaking into Filch office on behalf of Fred and George."

"Oh right." I nodded. "That was fun."

"Fun?" He asked. "You spent a week in detention."

"As I said—" I spoke. "Fun."

"What are you two doing up?" Percy asked. "It's three o'clock."

"Making breakfast." George said, showing him the plates with toast on them. "I couldn't sleep."

"And then he convinced me to get up as well." I said. Percy nodded slightly and took a step back.

"Well. I will go find my room. I'll see you in the morning."