41

For my birthday, George gave me a ring. He knew I loved wearing them so he had learned how to make one himself out of metal and it was absolutely perfect. It was this thick metal with the date we started dating carved into it.

Today was the day of the last task of the tournament and we were sitting on the seats around the arena where the champions were about to enter the maze. It was June 24th and in a week or so, we had our last O.W.L.s before going home for the summer.

"It's starting." Kathleen whispered as all four champions appeared in the arena, standing with each of their guardian during all of this while Dumbledore stood in front.

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the tri-wizards cup deep within the maze." Dumbledore spoke to the audience. George and I both sat with a leg on either side of the bench while my back was pressed to his chest, my head right under his chin while his arms was wrapped around me loosely and in front of me, sat Fred and then Kathleen on the other side of him. "Only he knows it's exact position. Now as Mr Diggory—"

Dumbledore was interrupted by the audience loudly cheering at the sound of the name.

"— and Mr Potter tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum—"

Once again, he was interrupted by the crowd cheering loudly, yet I just rolled my eyes at seeing how smug Krum was looking due to the attention. "— the first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdrawn from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather around!"

"Who do you reckon will win?" George whispered as she champions approached Dumbledore.

"I don't know." I admitted. "Maybe Harry?"

"In the maze, you'll find not dragons or creatures of the deep." Dumbledore told the contestants. "Instead, you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh find the cup if you can, but be very weary you could just lose yourselves along the way."

"Champions!" Moody called. "Prepare yourselves!"

Cedric hugged his father before he joined Harry at the front of the maze.

"On the count of three." Dumbledore spoke. "One..."

He was interrupted by the sound of the canon and while Harry and Cedric entered the maze through different entrances to the maze while Dumbledore looked to Filch who simply shrugged.

Then after, Krum entered and lastly so did Fleur. They were all in there and all we could do now was to wait for someone to leave the maze with the tri-wizard cup.

"Now what should we do?" Fred asked. "I'm already bored."

"We aren't gonna leave, that's for sure." Kathleen said. "They might be there for an hour or maybe only ten minutes. If we leave, we'll risk missing out."

"And I want to see who wins." I said, smiling as George's arms tightened a little around me.

At the end of May which was last month, something dark came over the wizarding world. The ministry of Magic, Barty Crouch was found dead by Harry. They believe he was murdered but they don't know by who. It's scary to think about to be honest but nothing has happened since so maybe it wasn't really a murder. Maybe something happened— like an accident for an example.

"Isn't it weird to think about?" I asked. "Next week we'll be going and when summer ends, we'll be starting our last year. In an exact year from now, we'll be at the end of Hogwarts, thinking about possibilities of jobs when it ends."

"I've basically got a job already." Kathleen said. "My dad's pretty high up in the ministry so he can get me one."

"And we're gonna try and start that shop." Fred said, glancing at George before looking at me.

"And then there's me." I breathed. "I'm not going to be auror for years. Three to be exact and that's only if I'll be accepted."

"Of course you'll be accepted." George said. "You're one of the most talented witches I know."

"That's sweet." I smiled, lifting my hand to gently pat his cheek. "But while you three can just leave Hogwarts and have your careers, I have to have five NEWT exams with top grades and then I have to apply and get accepted into the auror training programme. Three years of more school and training."

"It's going to be hard." George agreed. "But you're gonna handle it in the most amazing way ever and you'll finish it with top grades and become one of the bests aurors in history."

Then before they could respond, red sparks were sent into the air and shortly after, Fleur had been collected from the maze, looking ashamed and tired.

"What do you think happened?" Kathleen asked as Fleur was led away to be looked at by a physician or a healer.

"I don't know." I muttered, my eyes going back to the maze. "But this is getting kinda exciting. Three champions left."