47

Here we were. Sitting in one of the closed compartments, on our way back to Hogwarts for our seventh and final year. We have some new prefects. Ron and Hermione. They were both sent letters about it yesterday.

Kathleen didn't know anything about us being at the head quarters of the order for the whole month of August. She couldn't know. We weren't allowed to say anything about it.

I was quite nervous to be back. Last year ended horribly and this year had to be perfect, otherwise I was scared I'd have a mental breakdown or something.

I helped Ben get on the train earlier when we left London. He immediately made friends with a boy named Euan Abercrombie so I was quite happy about that.

"Can I see your schedule?" George asked, pulling me back to reality. I pulled out the piece of paper in my pocket and placed it in the hand he held out. He looked at it, his eyebrows furrowed as he concentrated. "This is a lot, you know that?"

"It's not more than last year." I said, watching his face.

"Oh c'mon, darling." He sighed. "We have only six classes together."

"And six isn't enough." I laughed. "Six is a lot."

"Not when you have—" he counted them and then looked at me with a regretful look.

"Eight classes?" I laughed. "Yeah. I'm going to be with you for six out of eight classes. Stop complaining."

"I'm not complaining anymore." He smiled, handing me back the paper. I folded it and pushed it back into my pocket, before I moved so that my back was against the window and my feet was pulled up on the seat.

"You know what you should do?" George suggested. "Tryout for the quidditch team.

"No way." I laughed. "I might be good at the academic stuff but when it comes to quidditch, I am absolutely rubbing. Remember when you tried to teach me a few years ago? To repeat myself; rubbish."

"You can't be that bad." Kathleen said. "Lee has been teaching me and I'm getting quite good at it if I have to be honest."

"Is that so?" Fred smirked. "Do you and Lee? I never got to ask you but you two are a thing, huh?"

"I don't know." She shrugged. "Maybe. I like him and I think he likes me."

"He definitely do." I spoke. "You should do something about it this year."

"Maybe I will." She said before she turned to look at Fred. "You must be hummed about going back for another year."

"Why?"

"Because now you don't have Deanne." She said. "She graduated in June and according to Liz, she's now working for the ministry of Magic."

"Well, it was only sex." Fred shrugged. It was definitely not only sex. There was something about his face as he spoke. He definitely had started to grow feelings for my cousin.

I didn't say anything though. I didn't want to embarrass him. I looked at George and decided to run my hand through his hair. "That is so weird?"

"What?" He questioned, looking at me.

"That it's short." I said. "I'm not going to get used to it, you know."

"You better have to 'cause this is staying." He smiled. "Going long-haired was a dumb decision."

"The dumbest we've ever made." Fred said. "We looked ridiculous."

"No!" I argued. "You looked good!"

"I can think of a couple dumber things you've done, actually." Kathleen spoke. "All the pranks you've made on teachers, getting yourself in trouble. That is much dumber than growing your hair out and I agree with Liz, you looked good with it."

"We don't without it?" Fred joked.

The rest of the train ride was like this. The four of us casually talking and joking with each other. When we got to Hogsmeade, we walked to the carriages together and once we got to the castle, we sat down by the Gryffindor table at the spot where we usually sat.

I was excited to see where my brother was going to be sorted. Hopefully it was going to be Gryffindor. That way I could keep an eye on him.

George and Fred were talking about something while my eyes landed on a lady in pink clothing, sitting with the teachers.

"Do you think that's our new defense against the dark arts teacher?" I asked Kathleen, causing her to turn to look at the pink lady as well.

"I don't know." She replied. "Probably. I don't really care. I'm not taking that class this year."

"Why not?"

"It's not my favorite one." She shrugged and as she spoke, Professor McGonagall entered the Great Hall with all first-year students behind her and I smiled when I saw my brother.