44

The summer was rough. I told mum all details about what happened the night of his return and the night Cedric died. Even though she didn't want to admit it, I knew my mum was just as scared as I was.

George and I had been writing each other all summer and he even told me that Percy had cut all ties with his family. He didn't believe that the dark lord was back and chose to side with the ministry so he didn't want anything to do with the Weasleys.

The order of the Phoenix is a secret society that Dumbledore created back in the 1970's. My dad was a part of it and I guess that's what's got him killed.

I'm still in school so I won't officially join the order yet but I think I will once I graduate.

This morning, I left a letter on my pillow, written for mum, mostly telling her to not worry.

Currently I was standing in front of the head quarters, watching it fold out. When it was finished, I entered. Voices were coming from the main room and I was standing in the dark hallway.

"For Merlin sake!" I heard Molly. "Fred, George, go upstairs, now! I am tired of your little pranks!"

I heard the boys laugh before I heard steps on the other staircase in the house.

I ran my hand across the wallpaper, remembering the stories I had read in my dad's journal while growing up.

"Lizzie!"

I turned my head to see Ginny at the end of the hallway. I smiled and approached her.

"Hey Ginny." I smiled and met her in a hug. "How was your summer?"

"Well, I'm pretty sure Percy hates us." She said. I pulled back to look at her, frowning.

"He's probably just confused by this whole thing. Give it time. Sooner or later, he'll realize that he can't live without his family."

"Elizabeth, dear." Molly said when we entered the main room. She walked over to me with open arms, giving me a hug. "It's so good to see you. What in the world are you doing here?"

"I came to help with whatever I can." I told her. "I can't sit and watch while more people get killed."

"Does your mother know you're here?" She asked me as she guided me to sit down for some food.

"I left her a letter. Told her not to worry." I said. "She wouldn't understand. She never got over the death of my father and she's absolutely terrified of the dark lord's return."

"So are we all." Molly breathed.

"Ahhh." A voice sounded, making me turn as I ate some bread. "You must be a Blossom. Adrian Blossom's daughter."

"In the flesh." I smiled. "Sirius Black I assume?"

"It is very nice to meet you." He nodded at me as he sat down at the end of the table. "You must be seventeen now, am I right?"

"Turned seventeen in May." I confirmed.

"And how's your mum? I haven't seen her since before your father passed."

"She's good." I said. "She remarried and had my younger brother."

"Did somebody say Lizzie?" I heard George say at the top of the stairs, making me look up. "Hey! When did you get here?"

"Just now, actually." I told him, taking the last bite of my bread. "What in the world did you do to your hair?"

His long locks were gone. It was short now but it still looked good.

"Fred and I both had a haircut." George smiled.

"Go on up." Molly told me with a smile. "Fred's up there too."

I got out of the chair and made my way up the stairs, smiling at George as he took my hand and led me into the room that he and Fred seemed to share.

"Liz!" Fred spoke when he saw me and soon after, I was lifted up by him. I laughed and when he spun me around and put me down again, I could give him a proper hug. "How was your summer? I only got to hear small details from whenever Georgie here was talking about your letters."

"I don't want to talk about my summer." I honestly said. "I'd rather talk about you two and your summer."

I sat down on one of the beds and looked at them as they shared a glance.

"I've told you everything there is to say." George said as he closed the door to the room. "From mum and dad joining the order again to Percy cutting us out of his life."

"It's rubbish." I said. "Why is he choosing not to believe that you-know-who is back?"

"I don't know." George shrugged as he sat down next to me.

"He's proven where his loyalty lays." Fred shrugged. "Are you staying? I don't see any luggage?"

"Kia should be dropping it off any moment." I said.

Kia is our owl at home. I got her to pick up my luggage because it would seem more suspicious of me walking out of the house with a bag.

"You know we can't tell Kathleen about this, right?" George asked. "We're only allowed here because our parents were members of the original order."

"I know." I spoke. "It's just too bad, isn't it? She's going to be so pissed if she ever finds out we were here and didn't tell her."

"I think she'd understand." Fred said. "We aren't allowed to tell her. She'd get that."