98

Warning!: sexual harassment, kidnapping

Cold...

It was cold. Wherever I was it was freezing. My head was pounding and my body was hurting. I didn't know where I was.

I was lying on something hard. It was a cement floor. With a groan leaving my lips, I pulled myself up to sit and looked around. The room was dark, only a little light shin through the bars that had replaced the door.

The room was quiet, the only sound was the sound of my breathing. Heavy, hard, uneven.

"Hello?" I called out. My voice was raspy and hoarse. I was scared, I couldn't lie and say I wasn't.

I pulled myself up to my feet and took a few steps but then I fell and my face hit the hard cement, making a painful scream leave my mouth and echo through the four walls. I laid there for a moment after my scream died. My head was hurting even more. I had a chain around my ankle.

The first thing I did was to check if my teeth had been damaged but luckily, they hadn't. Though I was bleeding from my eyebrow, my nose and my upper lip.

The last thing I remembered was waking up in the middle of the night, the same day Kathleen and I had talked in the courtyard.

I'm a light sleeper and I woke up when I heard a sound by the window. The next thing I knew, a pillowcase or something like that was pulled over my head, suffocating me until I blacked out.

When I realized I had been kidnapped from my bed in the middle of the night, I started crying and I didn't stop.

I cried because I was scared. I cried because I didn't know why I was here. I cried because I didn't know who took me. I cried because I wanted to go home and I cried because I was scared that they were going to kill me... whoever it was that kept me here.

"There's no need for that." A familiar voice spoke. "I cried too the first night I was here but now I've been here... I don't know how long. Down here, a minute feels like an eternity. There's no way to tell time."

"Sebastian?" I cried into the room.

"Wha— Betsy?"

Then I broke down again. I cried and I cried and I cried. What was happening? I was held captive in some kind of cellar and my brother was here too. My older brother.

"Betsy, hey. Don't cry. Please don't cry." My brother begged. "If you cry, they'll—"

He got interrupted as the bars to the room opened and a tall male figure walked in and approached me quickly.

I sat up straight and hurried to move back until my back hit the wall.

"Stop." The man simply spoke. "Why are you wailing? That's an annoying sound. I can't think straight with you filling the building with your cries."

"I'm sorry." I cried. "Please don't hurt me."

He did the exact opposite of what I asked him. He grabbed me by my throat and pulled me to my feet, pressing me against the wall.

"Don't fucking hurt her!" Sebastian yelled from the other end of the room.

"Did I say you could speak, Sebastian?!" The man yelled into the room without taking his eyes off of me. He was scary. He looked evil, strict. I couldn't tell the color of his eyes in the darkness but his hair was short.

"I swear to Merlin if you hurt her, I will kill you." Sebastian said, his voice weak and full of pain.

"Speak when spoken to!" The man roared and out of fright, I did the first thing I thought of that I had taught in Defense Against the Dark Arts. I kneeled him in the balls.

The man groaned and fell to the ground, letting go of my throat. I finally could breathe properly and my chest was heavily rising and falling.

It didn't take long for the man to get up again and put his hand back on my throat.

"I think it's time you're taught a lesson, Betsy." He growled before his hands started roaming my body.

I tried pushing him away but he quickly grabbed my wrists and pinned them above my head, using only one hand to do so.

"Stop!" I cried. "Please stop."

As his hand found its way into my pyjamas pants, another person stepped into the room but this one was a woman.

"Amycus." She spoke and the man sighed before letting go and stepping back. "He wants to see the both of them... now."