102

Upon request, the last chapter...

-

Three months later

"Where do you want the guests to put their presents?" Kathleen asked as she watched me from the doorway to the room. I turned to look at her while Molly and my mum were still fitting my dress to make sure it wasn't too loose or too tight.

"Can you ask Charlie?" I asked. "He's been so good at knowing where everything goes."

Kathleen gave me a thumbs up and smiled happily at me before she walked away and my eyes flicked back to the window to look at the tent being raised by Fred, Bill, Ron, Sebastian and Emmett.

I couldn't believe that I was getting married today. The last months had been crazy. June month was the craziest. Thought I passed all of my exams with an 'O' for outstanding, Voldemort officially returned and killed Sirius. The second Wizarding war has officially begun and I'm scared but for today, I just have to focus on my happiness with George and our plan of getting married at the age of eighteen.

The shop and our flat is almost ready and it's opening later this month while we're also moving in at the same time. That means we've been staying here at the Burrow all summer.

So, apart from Sirius being killed and Harry losing the last family he had, Umbridge was removed from Hogwarts and actually got sentenced to life in Azkaban for what she did towards some of the muggle-born students, seeing as not all of them survived her torture.

Telling everyone about my father was difficult. Mum broke down, terrified and broken that she had lived on that lie for almost sixteen years. We all thought he was dead when he in reality was a terrible man who left us to serve Voldemort.

A smile crept on my face when I saw my cousin King appear outside from using apparition as transport. I had not expected him to show up but there he was.

"Can I go say hi to King?" I asked and looked at mum before looking at Molly. They exchanged a glance before both looking at me.

"Of course you can." mum said with a smile, giving my arm a squeeze.

"We just gotta get you out of this dress first."

When I was out of my wedding dress and had jumped back into a cozy jumper and some sweatpants, I hurried out of the room and down the stairs before running out of the house, past George who looked at me with confusion.

King was currently talking to Bill. They looked like they knew each other which they probably did. King was in his first year at Hogwarts while Bill was in his last. I interrupted the conversation they had by throwing my arms around my older cousin's neck. He was taken back but laughed and hugged me back.

"Congratulations on the engagement."

"I didn't think you'd come." I told him, giving him a squeeze before letting go so I could look at him. "Oh, and happy belated birthday! Twenty-one... you can drink in America."

"Can't see why I'd need that when England's alcohol is better." he smiled. "Also happy belated birthday to you, though that was three months ago."

"It's never too late." I smiled. "Merlin. I can't believe you're here. Haven't seen you for years. How many... I don't know."

"I think it's been three." he said and I pulled him in for another hug. "Yeah, I was just talking to Bill here. You're lucky to be marrying into the Weasley family."

I pulled back again and looked at Bill with a smile. "Yeah. I am pretty lucky, huh?"

"You must be King." George said as he came up to us, holding out his hand that King shook.

"And you must be the groom." my cousin replied. "It's nice to meet you."

"You too." George smiled, his arms sneaking around my waist. "I'm glad I finally got to meet the favourite cousin."

I swatted George's chest before looking at King, lowering my voice. "Don't tell Deanne I ever said that."

"Heard that!" Deanne shouted from inside of the tent, making the four of us laugh. She approached from the tent and shrieked when she saw King, running towards him and attacked him even harder than I did.

"What is it with you girls and bloody attacking me?" King asked, hugging Deanne back while trying not to fall over.

"We've missed you, you bastard!" Deanne said and once she pulled away, she hit him in the chest. "Next time you move out of the country, bloody come and visit sometimes."

Deanne backed up, pointing a finger at King with a serious expression on her face, showing she was being serious. Then she smiled and let out a chuckle, turning around to look at Fred who was still helping with setting up the tent. She wrapped her arms around her waist and I smiled when I saw them exchange a kiss. That's another thing that has happened. The two of them are a couple and they're very cute together. She's been staying with us all summer at the Burrow to get to know the Weasley family and I believe they've grown to love her too.

"Aren't you supposed to get your dress fitted?" George asked me when Bill and King fell back into conversation.

"I did already." I smiled. "Our mums finished so I could come greet King."

It's still hard after what happened in May with my father kidnapping Sebastian and I. At first, I had nightmares every single night and some nights I still do but George is right there and Fred is in the top bunk with Deanne so all three are there to comfort me. It's nice to have them and it's nice to know they are there.

Throughout the day, guests kept arriving. My uncles, aunts, cousins and grandparents and George's family too. I got to meet all of his and he, mine.

The ceremony was beautiful and everything I ever wanted. Bill was in charge of the ceremony, being the one to wed us. Fred was the best man and all the other Weasley brothers along with my younger brother Ben were groomsmen. I had Kathleen, Deanne, Hermione and Ginny as my bridesmaid and everything was just perfect. Even our vows.

"Elizabeth, I knew from the very moment I laid eyes on you that you were my forever. Someway, somehow, I was determined to make you mine. Sure, I might not have exactly known at the age of eleven but when I look back, we always had a special connection and from this day forward, my heart is entirely yours... As we continue to grow in our lives together, I promise to give you all of my words when needed, and to share in the silence when they are not, to pick you up if you are down, to love you unconditionally, to lay my bare skin you when needed most, to care for you and our families for as long as we live, to adventure with you always, to say I love you before falling asleep each night, to be the best father I can be as we grow a family together, and to always know in the deepest part of my soul, that when challenges arise we will always find our way back to one another. Lizzie, you are my everything and this is my promise to you."

I cried.

"George, Georgie. Why marriage? Because to the depth of me, I long to love one person, with all my heart, my soul, my mind, my body... Because I need a forever friend to trust with the intimacies of me, who won't hold them against me, who loves me when I'm unlikable, who sees the small child in me, and who looks for the divine potential of me. Because I need to cuddle in the warmth of the night with someone who thanks god for me, with someone I feel blessed to hold... Because marriage means opportunity to grow in love in friendship... Because marriage is a discipline be added to a list of achievements... Because marriages do not fail, people fail when they enter into marriage, expecting another to make them whole... Because, knowing this, I promise myself to take full responsibility for my spiritual, mental and physical wholeness I create me, I take half of the responsibility for my marriage. Together we create our marriage... Because with this understanding, the possibilities are limitless."

-

I'm not crying, you are.

Merlin I love George and Lizzie. Well that was the last chapter of the first one.

Move onto the next chapter and you will be informed about the sequel.

- Julie