43

"Let me help you with that." George said, taking my trunk from me and placing it on the shelf. I thanked him and we sat down with Kathleen and Fred already sitting across from us.

The tension was strong. Not just between us four but between everyone at Hogwarts.

It's only been a week since Cedric was murdered and the return of Lord Voldemort. Everyone were scared 'cause everyone knew that him being back meant more killing and more trouble.

"It's weird." I spoke. "Don't you think? The whole dying thing. One moment they're there, moving around, smiling and you're talking to them but then suddenly they die. You no longer talk to them. You no longer hear their voice and once they're buried, you'll never see their face again."

"Are you okay, Lizzie?" Fred asked. "You're not having a mental breakdown, are you?"

George immediately threw something at him but I didn't see what. "Shut up you idiot!"

"I was trying to be sympathetic." Fred argued. "Don't call me an idiot and don't throw stuff at me!"

George raised his eyebrows, challenging his brother before pulling a curled up paper out of his pocket, throwing it.

"George! I am warning you!" Fred exclaimed, pushing the paper ball away with his hand as it had approached his face. George threw another piece of paper and Kathleen and I both scooted closer to the windows. "As your older brother, I am demanding you to stop!"

"Older brother." George scoffed. "A few minutes doesn't make you my older brother."

"Technically it does." Kathleen said but they were too busy to listen. Now Fred was picking up the paper balls from the floor, throwing them back and it ended up in some kind of paper ball war.

The rest of the ride home was actually okay. Once the boys calmed down and cleaned up the mess they'd made, we all just talked about our plans for the summer and our expectations for next year.

When we reached platform nine and three quarters, I hugged all three goodbye before I hurried over to my mum, my stepdad Badger Evergreen and my younger brother Ben.

First, I hugged mum, my arms wrapped tightly around her neck. She rubbed my back, letting out a small chuckle.

"I've missed you too, sweetie." She whispered. When I pulled back, I didn't even notice I had shed a few tears until mum brushed them away with her hand.

"I'm gonna grab your trunk." Badger said and I looked at him with a smile, nodding. He smiled back, giving my arm a squeeze before making his way to where all the luggage were currently getting unloaded.

"I missed you, Lizzie." Ben said, causing me to turn to him. I hugged him, messing up his hair which annoyed him like usual.

"I missed you too, Benny." I said. "Next time we're here, you'll be getting on board with me. Isn't that exciting?"

"I'm more excited to get my wand!" He said and I chuckled lightly. It felt so good to be back with my family after what happened. The entire wizarding world had been told what had happened and mum had written me right away. I sent a letter back a few days ago and I knew mum would want to talk when we got home. I was fine with that.

I turned to see if I could see George anywhere and I could. He stood with Fred, Ron and Ginny with Molly who had come to pick them up.

"Liz, are you coming?" Mum asked when Badger was back with my luggage. They were all ready to leave but I wanted a last hug from George.

"One moment." I told them. "I'll meet you by the car."

Mum nodded at me and I watched as the three of them went through the wall. George caught me looking and he smiled at me. I motioned for him to come closer and he said something to his family before approaching me.

"You okay?" He asked. I hummed and tiptoed, wrapping my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my back.

"I just wanted a last hug." I whispered. "I'm gonna miss you."

"Of course you are." He joked and I pulled back to swat his chest. "I'm gonna miss you too. It's only two months, right? July, August and then we'll see each other again on September first."

-
A/N

Alright, I can see you're all laughing at Badger and his name so I just want to say a thing...

When I gave him the name, I didn't know what Badger meant. I used a generator on the internet because I'm horrible at finding names and that came up. Badger actually happens to be in Hufflepuff but I only found out later that Hufflepuff's animal is a Badger.

BUT— Badger actually is a real name in case anyone were wondering.

- Julie