84

I'm just going to update 4 chapters in a row since I have about 14 finished chapters and I want you all to read them. We're also coming closer and closer to the first chapter of the entire story that has seggs in it ;)

-

"Miss Blossom."

I looked up at the sound of Professor Umbridge. She stood in front of me, holding out her hand. I raised an eyebrow in question and she tilted her head. I wanted so badly to punch her straight in the face to make her nose bleed.

"You know the rules. Hand it over."

"What?" I laughed sarcastically, looking down at my father's pocket watch in my hands. "No way."

"Do I need to remind you of the educational decree number thirty-five? Any items deemed not of educational value are henceforth banned."

"You can't be serious!" I exclaimed. "This is my fathers watch!"

"I wouldn't care even if it was your grandfathers watch." She said. "Rules are there for a reason."

She pulled out her wand and in a flick, the watch flew out of my hand and landed in hers.

"You can't do that!" I yelled when she walked away with it. I let out a shaky breath, raising a hand to my forehead as I thought about what to do.

That was one of my most prized possessions and she just took it because of those stupid decrees that she was responsible of.

I stormed through the castle and ended up barging into the Muggle studies classroom where Sebastian was currently sitting, grading essays like usual.

"Elizabeth." He sighed and looked at me. "I don't really have any time right now to talk."

"Why is that woman allowed to do stuff like that?" I asked as I closed the door behind me. "Why is she allowed to put up these decrees, torture her students and steal their belongings? What kind of system is that?!"

"Did something happen?" My older brother asked as he stood up and walked around his desk.

"Umbridge took dad's watch from me." I said. "It was that pocket watch he gave to Arthur before he died and it had that picture of dad and I in it."

"Elizabeth." Sebastian repeated, making me look at him. "What do you want me to do? That's how the rules are. I can't change that."

I scoffed, blinking a few times as I stepped backwards. "Are you being serious right now?"

He opened his eyes and dropped them by his sides again while shrugging.

"I don't want you to change it. Trust me, I know you don't possess that kind of power but you could at least be there for me, say something to cheer me up, I don't know. Be a brother for Merlin sake!" I yelled at him. "I thought we were over this, Sebastian. That maybe I could have my big brother back. You convinced me you wanted me back in your life but here you are, looking at me with coldness in your eyes while telling me you can't do anything about it. I just wanted a hug, to be comforted."

He didn't say anything as I turned around and walked out of the classroom.

"Do you see that star?" Sebastian asked and pointed up at the brightest star on the sky. I leaned my head back to see where he was pointed and I gave a little nod to let him know I saw it. "That's the North Star, also called the pole star. It's the brightest star there is. It seems as if it stands still, right? All the other stats revolve around it which is one of the things that makes it so special. People used to use it to find their way. That's how you knew if you were going north or south."

"That's so cool."

"Isn't it?" My big brother smiled, nudging me with his shoulder. "It's the prettiest star up there and you're the prettiest star in my life."

"Caleb says I'm ugly."

"Well you shouldn't listen to Caleb." He told me. "You're way more special with him. He's a Muggle and you're not. In a few years, you'll leave that school and you won't ever have to see him again."

"That's so far away." I pouted and leaned against my brothers arm.

"I know it is, Betsy." He sighed. "But listen to me. When things get hard, I want you to look up at the North Star and think that even if I'm not here with you physically, I'm only one owl away. You will always be my priority, little one and I'll always be your big brother to protect you from bullies like Caleb."

Where did it turn wrong? Where did Sebastian change his mind about what he said that day? He promised to always be there for me but right now he wasn't. He was acting like a teacher and not my brother when I needed it.

"Right, so I just got out of class."

I jumped as Fred appeared by my side. "It's a bit late to drop a class, isn't it? It's so boring and I wish I never chose it."

"I suppose."

"Yeah." He breathed and looked at me. "What's got you looking like a depressed cloud?"

"What?"

"I'm sorry, sorry." He held up his hands in defense. "Depressed angel, I meant."

"Umbridge took my fathers pocket watch." I said. "Picture and everything."

"When did she do that?"

"Ten minutes ago perhaps? I don't know." I shrugged. "She can't just take our stuff. She shouldn't be allowed to."

"No, she shouldn't." He agreed, wrapping his arm around my neck. "Don't worry. You'll get it back."