69

Dear Lizzie,

I would have written one of the twins but as they barely notice my letters, I am writing to you. You are like a daughter to me and I think you'd like to know as well.

Arthur is hospitalized at the St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries after he was attacked by Nagini during his work shift at the Ministry.

He's doing alright but the attack was bad and we're lucky he's still with us.

Can you tell the others and go to Dumbledore? I'm sure he'll let you come and visit. I know that would make Arthur very happy.

Love,
Molly Weasley

I folded the letter as my hands were shaking, my eyes wide with confusion and my eyebrows knitted together.

Arthur was attacked by Lord Voldemort's snake. That came as a shock to me. Never had I imagined that would happen and to the people I loved.

The Weasley's were like my second family. Arthur and I had spent a lot of times at the Burrow, talking about Muggle stuff, his work and my world since I grew up in London and went to an ordinary Muggle school.

I pushed the letter into the pocket of my trousers before hurrying out of the owlery, nearly running until I saw Ron in the hallway by the courtyard.

"Ron." I breathed, stopping when I reached him. He looked at me, then looked past me in confusion before looking at me. "Do you know where Harry and Hermione are?"

"In the library, why?"

"Go get them." I said, placing my hands on my hips as I was out of breath. "If you see Ginny, get her too. Meet me in the common room, alright?"

I didn't let him answer before I continued to run. I needed to tell Arthur's kids as soon as possible and I knew they would also want Harry and Hermione to be there.

Kathleen had told me earlier she was gonna be studying in the Great Hall and I believed the twins were with her so I ran in, got glared at by Snape which made me go from running to walking.

When I reached the table where the three of them sat, Kathleen a bit further away due to the rules, I placed my hands on the table, letting out a breath.

"What's got you in such a hurry?" George asked, looking up at me as well as Fred and Kathleen.

"All three of you... come with me."

I stood up straight, watching their confused expressions. "It's important."

"Love..." George said, closing his book before he stood. "What's wrong? Did something happen."

"Yes. Something with your dad. I just received a letter."

After that, the three of them followed me up to our common room where Ron, Ginny, Harry and Hermione were now waiting, the trio sitting together on one of the sofas, Ginny on a chair.

"Sit." I told my own friends. Kathleen was the first one to sit on the opposite sofa and soon, Fred joined next to her.

I looked at George but he didn't move. He stood about a feet from me, arms crossed over his chest. "Georgie?"

"I'm not sitting." He told me. "Tell us what happened to dad."

"Something happened to dad?" Ginny asked and now all eyes were focused on me. With a sigh, I reached into my pocket and pulled out the letter. As I began to unfold it, George had approached and grabbed it out of my hands to read it.

"Dear Lizzie." He read out loud. He continued to read the first part in his head before getting to the place their dad was mentioned. "Arthur is hospitalized at the St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries after he was attacked by Nagini during his work shift at the Ministry. He's doing alright but the attack was bad and we're lucky he's still with us. Can you tell the others and go to Dumbledore? I'm sure he'll let you come and visit. I know that would make Arthur very happy."

George looked up from the letter, his eyes meeting mine as he slowly handed me back the letter.

"What?" Ginny suffocated on the word, tears peaking in her eyes and Hermione went over to comfort her.

Other than Ginny's cries, the room was quiet but I could tell everyone were shocked. Especially the ones with Weasley as last name.