37

a/n
sorry this took awhile but there's some harry content in here and if ur getting worried this is more of a blake x reader, harry is definitely more involved in the next chapters. i just don't want to rush the chapters<3

we get back to the house and pop a bottle of champagne. we all drink it and just sit around talking all night. once the party dies down, nate and gabe go to their rooms and i set up the coach for bff/n. blake went to go change.
"i'm so so so happy for you!" she says pulling me into another hug.
"i'm happy too." i reply giving her a tight squeeze.
"how are you going to announce it?" she asks sitting down.
"i don't know. i kind of want it to be our little secret for right now." i say smiling.
"i hope you realize people were there and saw." she replies.
"i know and i fully expect it to be announced in the morning but for now it's private." i say back. she lays down on the makeshift bed. she squeezes my hand and i squeeze it back and get up. blake is laying on the bed scrolling on his phone. he looks at me and smiles.
"i'm going to shower." i say.
"ok." he says. he goes back to scrolling. i change into a large shirt and shorts. he's sitting up against the headboard of the bed. i lay my head down on his chest. he kisses my forehead as i admire the ring.
"when did you get it?" i ask.
"after we finished the album." he says smiling.
"i love you." i say.
"i can't even describe how much i love you." he replies. i bury my head in his chest and wrap my arms around him. we fall asleep like this.

in the morning, just as i had expected, pictures of fans who noticed me saw the proposal and posted pictures. buzzfeed and tmz were blowing up my email to see if it was true. i ignore my phone and get out of bed. blake does the same. before nate, gabe, and bff/n wake up, we thought it'd be nice to surprise them with breakfast. as the oven preheats, my phone starts ringing.
"i'll be right back. make sure the croissants go in when it beeps!" i whisper to blake as i rush out of the room. the kitchen is right beside the living room and i didn't want to wake bff/n. blake gives me a thumbs up to show he heard me.
"hello?" i say once i pick up the phone.
"is it true!" says a low english voice. harry.
"yes!" i reply sitting on the bed. for some reason, harry was the first person i wanted to talk to about all of this.
"i'm so happy for you!" he says.
"aw thanks. it was very out of the blue!" i respond.
"how did it happen?" he asks interested.
"well he told me he had to meet with a client in the malibu office. we were supposed to have a day together after my nail appointment so he felt bad about canceling our day so he invited me to a restaurant. he said it was fancy and bff/n and i had just bought dresses so we dressed up in those. i should have taken these things as a clue but i was just oblivious." i say giggling. "then we pass the restaurant and bff/n makes a big deal about seeing the sunset on the beach and then bam!" i say.
"let me guess...blake was there!" he replies giggling.
"how's you know?" i respond laughing. he giggles in return.
"alright well i'm helping blake make breakfast, i'll call you later if i can." i say.
"alright. congratulations." he says softly. he hangs up. i walk back into the kitchen and blake has popped the croissants into the oven and the eggs are coming along.
"perfect! i'll go wake the boys up." i say. i walk into nates bedroom and he wakes up groaning about how early it is. he eventually gets up though. gabe is not in his room. i look around and find him hugging the toilet again. i decide to leave him there because i don't want to deal with vomit this early in the morning. i then wake up bff/n and she wakes up immediately. everyone sits at the table eating.
"so bff/n when are you leaving?" i ask.
"today." she replies stuffing her face with food.
"oh. that's a short visit." i say.
"well i came to see you get proposed to and that already happened!" she exclaimed. i smile and she goes to pack her things. i go to take a shower to get ready to take her to the airport. as i'm getting ready, blake walks in.
"hey can you deal with gabe while i'm gone. he's become reacquainted with the toilet." i say with a slight giggle.
"of course." he says kissing my forehead. he walks out and i leave with bff/n to go to the airport. when i leave the parking lot. i realize it's 1pm and i'm hungry again. i text someone to see if they want to get lunch and surely enough they said yes.
i drive downtown to a small restaurant. i sit down at a table and look at the menu. about ten minutes later i look up and see milk chocolate curls talking to the hostess. he smiles at her and looks up after she points to me. when we make eye contact my heart starts racing. i can feel my cheeks getting red. only recently i have started maybe catching feelings for him again, although when i think about it, those feelings never really went away. i offer a soft smile as he walks towards the table. i stand up and we hug before he sits down.
"how's it been?" i ask.
"well since you last saw me" he looks up to make it look like he's thinking. "nothing has happened." he says smiling. i giggle a little. "show me the ring!" he says. i hold up my left hand and his eyes get big. "that is a big diamond! i better be invited." he says.
"oh you for sure are." i say sipping my water. "how's kendall?" i ask.
"well since she found out it's a girl, she's already painted the nursery and bought way too many onesies." he says smiling.
"have you thought of any names?" i ask.
"i love the name olivia but kendall will probably get first pick." he says.
"that's a pretty name." i reply.
"yea i think so too." he responds smiling. we continue several other conversations such as music ideas and random movies that came out recently. i look down at my phone and realize we've been talking for almost 3 hours.
"harry i'm sorry to end the fun but blake will think i've died!" i say grabbing my things.
"you didn't tell him you were meeting me?" he asks.
"well i asked you to lunch in the spur of the moment." i reply. his cheeks go red.
"well get going i don't want you to be in trouble." he says. i smile as i leave the restaurant.

harry's pov:
when i found out y/n is getting married, it felt like someone stabbed me and twisted the knife. i can't describe how much i miss her being mine. being friends is nice but i don't know how long i can keep this up.