55

after sitting with kendall for a while, the doctor tells me that harry is waking up. i lean kendall against the arm rest of the couch we were sitting on since she was still asleep. i walk into harrys room and i see meghan sitting with him on his bed moving the hair out of his face. they're sharing some laughs. i clear my throat to show i am there. they look up at me and meghan gets off of the bed and leaves the room. i give a questioning look to harry. i'm not going to fight though, he's been through enough. i lay down where meghan was and he puts his head on my chest. i try to make small talk about off topic things to get his mind off of kaylee. it doesn't seem to be working and he keeps getting frustrated.
"do you want some alone time?" i ask. he shakes his head yes. "ok." i say getting up. before i leave, i plant a kiss on his forehead and leave the room. i don't know where to stay so i do something that he probably wouldn't approve of, but i don't want to pay for a hotel. i've already walked out of the hospital and harry has his house keys but i don't want to pester him anymore. i pick up my phone and dial a number.
"hello?" mumbles a voice.
"hi! i'm in town for a little while and i have no where to stay. i'll explain more in person but could i crash at your house for a while?" i ask.
"uh sure?" says the person on the other line.
"thank you so much. i'll be there in a few." i say. an uber takes me to a familiar neighborhood and i knock on the door.
"hi." says blake.
"hi." i say. when i see him i just start sobbing. i can't stop.
"woah woah woah." he says before pulling me into a hug. he takes me into the house and sets me on the couch. "what's wrong?" he asks concerned. i tell him everything from meghan answering the phone to talking with kendall to harry getting annoyed with me.
"oh my gosh. you were pregnant?" he asks.
"yea, a long time ago." i say.
"well i don't think it's fair he's getting mad at you." he says.
"i can understand though. he just lost his whole world. when he saw kaylee his eyes would light up and he'd always smile. even when she'd wake us up at 3 in the morning." i say starting to tear up. blake hugs me again.
"you should go take a shower. you can barrow some clothes and i'll make you some food." he says.
"ok." i give him a soft smile. he smiles back. i go and take a shower. when i get out, i see he's laid out some clothes on the bed for me. i change into them and meet him in the kitchen.
"i'll go back to the hospital tomorrow and get harrys house keys. i'm sure he'll be out tomorrow morning." i say sitting at the table.
"ok." blake replies while setting down a plate full of pasta and a slice of garlic bread.
"thanks." i say.
"no worries." he replies sitting across from me. i eat in silence and nate and gabe walk through the door. they're both laughing but when gabe and i make eye contact my chest tightens when i remember the night i tried to get my stuff. he stops laughing and just stares at me.
"dude what are you doing?" nate asks. gabe shakes his head.
"oh uh, nothing." he says before walking out of the room.
"i made up the couch for you." blake says.
"ok." i reply.
"just let me know if you need anything else." he says before leaving for his bedroom. it's pretty late, so i don't blame him. i finish eating and lay down on the couch. i text liam.

y/n: how'd the concert go?
liam: amazing! the arena was sold out and the energy was fantastic. we're hoping harry is ok.
y/n: that's great! harry isn't doing too well.

after that i update him on everything but i don't tell him about kaylee passing. i think harry should do that. he says that the boys are leaving the resort and going to texas in the morning. after all of today's action, i feel myself drowning in a deep sleep.

my alarm wakes me bright and early at 6am. i throw on my clothes from yesterday and sneak into blakes room.
"hey i'm about to go. thank you so much for letting me stay. if you ever need anything, feel free to call." i say. he wakes up a little bit and tells me ok. i get an uber and stop at a coffee shop before arriving at the hospital. this time, the front desk nurse knows who i am and lets me go up. i go into harrys room and see some doctors giving him papers. he seems awake and he looks way better. as the doctors leave, i enter in the room a little further. he's sitting up on the bed signing some papers.
"hey." i say quietly. i offer him the coffee but he doesn't take it, so i put it on his bed side table. he looks at me and continues signing his papers. i take a seat on the couch and go on my phone since he has no interest in talking to me. about an hour or so later, they let us leave. we walk out to the parking garage and get into the car. we drive back to his house in silence. when we get inside, he walks towards our room, but stops in front of kaylees. he just stands there staring at it. i watch him from a distance to give him his space. eventually, he walks into our room. i can tell because i hear the door slam. he doesn't come out all day. by dinner time, i start making him some tacos because i know he loves them. i knock on the door once they're done. no answer.
"ok, i'm just going to leave them at the door. you can gome out and get them when you want." i say placing the plate on the ground and go back to the living room. to pass time, i chat with bff/n on the phone. as we talk, i hear laughter coming from the other room.
"hey can you give me a sec?" i ask bff/n on the phone.
"yea of course." she replies. i get off of the couch and tip toe to the bedroom.
"harry! that happened when we were seven!" says a giggly female voice on the phone. harry laughs.
"i sure could use you in person right now, meghan." he says. my breathing gets fast and i walk back into the living room, almost crying. i'm here in person! why isn't that enough? i hang up on bff/n and just curl up in a ball on the couch in an attempt to fall asleep and forget about the whole day.