40

instead of going straight back to the house, i drive around for a little and collect my thoughts. i know we should be "even" but we're about to get married! it's been about an hour since i left the park so i head home. when i open the door blake is sitting on the couch twiddling his thumbs. he looks up when he hears the door click behind me. he immediately stands up and walks towards me. he looks like he's been crying. when he walks up to me, he engulfs me in a hug and starts crying. i hug him back.
"im so sorry." he says.
"me too." i reply. we just stand there holding each other in our arms. "we need to talk." he holds me a little tighter before releasing me. we walk into our bedroom so we can have some more privacy since nate was in the dining room. we sit on the bed and blake begins to talk.
"i don't have feelings for her. i swear. i know i should have stopped it but it kind of felt like closure. we were together for 5 years and i came back home one day and she was gone. all of her stuff was out of our apartment and she left a note saying she didn't love me anymore. i was devastated. i really loved her. when she came here all the emotions came back and i let them take over. before we went on i told her we were getting married and i made her leave. i'm so sorry." he says. i sigh.
"my turn. after ellen when we went to the bookstore, harry was telling me kendall had broken up with him and that he's doing fight you for me because he was still in love. i ran to the bathroom and he followed me and things escalated from there. we stopped when you knocked on the door but we were only kissing. i know that doesn't make it any better but...i don't know. but believe me, nothing has ever happened ever since that. we truly are good friends." i emphasize. he runs his hands through his hair.
"we good?" he asks.
"yeah, i think we're good. i mean i'm a little upset still but i bet you are too" i reply. he smiles softly and scoots towards me. he lays his head on my chest and i my my hand through his hair. we both are emotionally drained. soon enough, soft snores escape his mouth and i start to fall asleep too. a couple hours later, i wake up and he's still on my with his hand gripped around me. i admire him sleeping. i check the time and it's only 5pm. i gently lift his arms off of my body. i go and take a shower and when i come out, he's missing from the bed. i can hear him and nate talking in the other room. they seem to be laughing so i take this opportunity to text harry.

y/n: we worked everything out. i think we're gonna be fine:)

harry: that's amazing. glad you too are good.

i put down my phone and quickly change. when i step out into the living room, blake and nate have shoes and sweatshirts on.
"where are you going?" i ask out of curiosity.
"they're showing love actually at the drive in and nate wants to go." blake says chuckling. "wanna tag along?" he asks.
"sure! let me go get a sweatshirt." i say walking back into the room. i come back out and nate has a radio and blankets to set up in the back of his truck. we get to the drive in and it's freezing. we climb into the back of the truck and set up pillows and blankets. nate brought a mattress topper to sit on and blake and i sit together with some pillows. we tune into the radio station to hear the audio and i lean onto blake and he puts his arm around me. it's as if nothing ever happened.
the next day, the lady from the dress shop calls and says my dress is ready.
"already?" i ask.
"yep! generally when we know a wedding is a month or closer away, we try to finish those first in case the alterations aren't right." the receptionist says.
"ok! i'll be there soon." i reply. blake is at the store and nate is at his friends house. gabe is probably at a bar. i call bff/n to take me because i don't have a car.
"i can't! bgf/n and i are picking out some final decorations for the after party." she says.
"ugh. fine i'll call harry." i respond. after one ring, harry picks up.
"hey love, what's up?" he asks.
"hey my dress is ready and i don't have a way to pick it up. can you get me?" i ask.
"of course. i'll be there soon." he replies. he hangs up the phone and i call blake.
"hey babe." he says.
"hi! harry is coming to pick me up to get my dress. bff/n and bgf/n can't get me so he was my last option." i say.
"ok have fun." he replies. he's fine with me and harry still hanging out because we are strictly friends. a few moments later, i hear a honk outside. i rush out the door and hop into the passenger seat of harry's car.
"hi!" i say.
"hello!" he replies switching the gear into reverse. we drive to the boutique and they rush me into the dressing room the moment i step foot into the store. i come back out and the dress fits like a glove. the shade of white compliments my skin tone and i feel beautiful in it. when i see harry in the mirrors reflection, i can he his jaw drop. it makes me smile a little.
"does it fit ok?" the lady asks.
"it's perfect!" i say giving her a hug. she giggles a little.
"you think you can dance in it?" she asks.
"hmm." i think. "harry come here." he shakes his head to get out of his thoughts and walks towards me. i place my hands on his shoulder and he slides his hands on my waist. we rock side to side. he gives me a spin and the dress flows amazingly.
"yep it's good!" i say smiling. harry's cheeks go red.
"alright." the lady replies. i change back into my clothes and we leave the store with my dress.