60

a/n
in honor of harry giving us amazing content w the vogue shoot, here's another chapter🥳 gemma and him look so happy in it and his dirty vans are featured in it...he's not even wearing them all the way lol. they're even in the background of gemmas insta post lol

also the genius he is, the vogue shoot got released on KINDNESS DAY what the heck!!!!!

on my drive to the airport, harry calls me. i pick up.
"what." i snap.
"y/n, i'm sorry. i've been totally unfair towards you. you were just trying to care for me and i pushed you away. and i can't even comprehend how bad i feel about, um, your baby." he says. his voice is showing some emotion now and even cracking here and there. i sigh.
"harry, i don't know what even drove you to push me away, i guess that's where i'm confused." i reply trying to not cry.
"i really don't want you to move." he says. i can tell he's crying cause he is sniffling a little. i sigh again.
"look, i'm on my way to the airport because the tour is still happening and the boys are in texas and i'm joining them. i really do appreciate your apology and everything but let me just take some time to myself cause even though you're apologizing, i didn't deserve any of the crap you gave me. let me take this next week to myself and then we can talk about me moving. i still love you and everything but, god, you made me hate you." i say. i few tears fall from my eyes. i can hear him breathing.
"ok." he manages to say.
"hey, we're ok. i just need some time." i reply.
"i love you." he says shakily.
"i love you too." i respond. i can hear him sigh through the phone. i can tell he needed to hear that. it felt good hearing him say it too.
"ok, i'm pulling up to the airport. i'll text you when i land." i add.
"alright. i'll talk to you later." he replies.
"ok, bye." i hang up. that was a good conversation. it wasn't our normal banter, but we didn't yell at each other for the first time in a while. i get to the airport and go on the plane. i try to sleep but so many thought rush through my head. i end up staying up when for a while. i didn't stop by niall, liam, louis, and zayns room before going to mine, but i hear their voices through the wall so i know they're awake. i walk over to the room next door in my slippers, shorts, and over sized shirt. my hair is in a messy bun and i probably look tired. i knock on the door.
"y/n!" zayn says when he answers the door.
"zayn!" i reply trying to sound enthusiastic. it's not working, i can hear the tiredness in my voice.
"come in!" he says moving out of the way for me to come in. i see louis, liam, and niall on the couch all cuddled up watching the tv.
"what are you guys watching?" i ask. i glimpse at the tv before louis clicks it off. it was pride and prejudice.
"nothing!" niall exclaims. they all jump off of each other as if i didn't see them laying on top of each other. i roll my eyes and sit down next to liam.
"how are you and haz?" louis asks.
"hanging in there." i reply grabbing some popcorn out of louis' bowl.
"hey why'd you guys click out of the movie?" zayn asks sitting down in another chair. niall clears his throat and liam avoids eye contact.
"hey, i'm not judging. pride and prejudice is a good movie." i say.
"it's not that it's a bad movie or anything, it's just not manly." niall responds. i shake my head and steal the remote from lou. i turn the movie back on and we all watch it.
the next morning, i find myself asleep on louis' lap and his head is leaning on liams shoulder. i wake them up when i realize how late it is.
"guys we have to be at the venue in 2 hours!" i say. it's 12pm and we've only just started getting ready. around 1, we head over and do our sound check. after that we chill until the concert starts. after the concert, we go back to the hotel and eat some dinner.  after i leave the boy's room and go to mine, i look at my phone and debate on whether or not to call someone. i decide to do it.
"hi y/n!" says regan.
"hi regan! i just wanted to let you know that i can't get the place anymore, i found another living arrangement." i say.
"oh ok! no worries. we have several other applicants so we can just shred your documents." she replies kindly.
"thank you so much!" i respond.
"of course!" she says before hanging up. i fall asleep happily.
when i wake up, the boys and i leave to go back to LA. on the plane ride back, i sit next to liam. i love talking to him, it feels very safe.
"can i live with you this week?" i ask.
"yea. you're sleeping on the couch though. i'm not giving up my bed." he responds half asleep.
"ok." i reply smiling. he leans his head on my shoulder and completely falls asleep. i read a book and wait for the plane to land.

*a week later*
liam and i order chinese for the fifth time this week.
"are you sad our week long break is about to end?" i ask.
"yes, even though we just had one." he laughs.
"yea, touring is exhausting!" i reply.
"i know lou asked you a while ago, but is everything with harry ok now?" he asks.
"well we didn't yell at each other for the first time in forever. he also told me he loved me, which he also hasn't done for a while. but we haven't talked to each other since the day i left for texas." i reply while chewing an egg roll.
"well that's good that you guys didn't yell. " he replies. i nod.
"how's maya's vogue shoot going?" i ask.
"good! she's shooting some stuff for other people too." he responds.
"wow!" i reply. we spend the rest of the night talking about random things. around midnight, i get a call from kendall.
"sorry liam, i'll be right back." i say stepping out of the kitchen.
"no worries." he replies. i smile and pick up the phone.
"hey kendall, what's up?" i ask.
"i know this is none of my business, but have you talked to harry lately?" she asks.
"not for a while. why?" i respond.
"well he's kind of just become really depressed. i think he's really scared he's going to lose you." she says. i sigh.
"um..ok. thanks for letting me know." i reply.
"of course. if you could maybe give him a call or something, i'm sure he'd appreciate it." she says.
"i'll think about it." i respond.
"ok, well i know it's late so i'll let you go." she continues.
"alright, bye!" i say before hanging up. i walk back over to liam.
"who was that?" he asks.
"kendall." i reply.
"what'd she want?" he questions.
"apparently harry is really sad." i respond.
"about what?" he asks.
"me, i guess." i say.
"well how do you feel about him?" he asks.
"man, we're getting into the deep stuff!" i joke. he laughs a little.
"well, do you still have feelings?" he asks.
"well, it's complicated. yea i still like him and stuff but... i met someone." i confess. his eyes go wide.
"you met someone?" he repeats.
"uh, yea. my car salesman. we went out to lunch and i told him everything and i said i needed time and to figure things out before we became more than friends...if we became than friends." i emphasize the "if" part.
"y/n!" liam exclaims.
"what?" i respond.
"that's basically cheating." he says.
"no." i shake my head.
"is the guys number in your phone?" he asks.
"yea." i respond.
"and you went to lunch with him?" he adds.
"yea.." i reply.
"but you still like harry?" he asks.
"yea." i respond.
"y/n, you need to go talk to harry in person and come clean." liam says. i sigh because i know he's right.
"fine!" i reply. i grab my keys and shoes and head towards the door.
"where are you going?" he asks.
"to harrys!" i respond and i leave liams house.