Sixth Year ~1~

I'm so excited to go back to Hogwarts. I thought to myself as I was packing my things into my trunk. As I was finishing up and going through all my belongings in my head to make sure I had everything, I heard a women's voice call for me from downstairs. "Come on darling, we need to get to King's Cross Station, don't want to be late." It was my mother. My mother was a witch, just as I was. My father, though, was a muggle. That's what we call non magic folk. Despite their differences they had an amazing relationship.

I finished packing and double checking myself and ran downstairs with my trunk full of excitement. I had been going to Hogwarts for five years now and this year would make six. During my first year I made quite a few friends. My best friends, though, being Harry Potter (also known as the 'boy who lived'), Hermione Granger, and the one and only Ron Weasley. As odd as it was to everyone else, me and Ron were a bit closer to each other than the other two. He understood me and I understood him. He was very protective over me and always seemed to find himself checking on me every opportunity he got. I never understood why he always seemed to care so much, I also never understood why it made me so happy when he did.

I gave my father a kiss on the cheek, said I love you, and hurried to grab my mother's hand. We lived in the wizarding world so my mom being an adult was allowed to use magic. We quickly used apparition to get to platform 9 3/4 which was filled with young and old wizards and witches either boarding the Hogwarts Express, kissing their children goodbye, or acting like a bunch of lunatics out of excitement for the new year. I quickly told my mother I loved her and would miss her very much, then ran off to go find my three best friends.

I boarded the train searching every compartment looking for my friends. "Y/n!!!" said a deep voice as I was pulled into the compartment next to me and squeezed tightly by a warm bodied person. As they let me go I looked up to see Ron Weasley's face which was staring down at me. "Ron, I'm so happy to see you", I said, as I buried my head back in his chest and tightened the hug again. "Alright love birds, we would like a hug from y/n as well", said a female voice from behind Ron.

Without realizing how long I had been hugging him, I let go of Ron as he sat down, to see Hermione and all her glory as she threw herself at me with a welcoming hug. She finally let go as Harry pulled her away by the shoulder to also receive a hug from me as well. The last hug being the quickest, Harry let go and sat down next to Hermione, which only left space next to Ron for me to sit. I sat down next to him and smiled at him as he watched me. "Ron, you're staring", Hermione said as her and Harry exchanged looks and giggled.

The compartment drew silent for awhile until the train started to move just as Harry said "finally" as if he was more than excited to be leaving the station and headed to Hogwarts.

Proof Read/Edited ~ jan. 7, 2021

Word Count ~ (582)

(a/n) - this is a bit short, I know, but hopefully I will be able to make the chapters longer as I go, as I am trying my best to include as much information as possible. I also do want there to be a lot of chapters though, so don't be surprised if they are a bit shorter than what you're used to. xx