The Going Away Ball ~23~

The rest of the school year was going by way too quick for everyone's liking. Especially me and my fellow seventh years. None of us are ready to leave Hogwarts for good.

There's about three days left, the last two weeks consisting of exams and getting ready for a ball that is being held tomorrow for the seventh years. It's a new tradition that Dumbledore decided to start at the request of Professor McGonagall.

McGonagall decided she was going to call it the 'Going Away Ball'. It was going to be sort of like a farewell thing. A special goodbye for everyone graduating. Everyone loved the idea.

That week on one of our free days from exams, Hermione and I went dress shopping. Ron and I wanted to match and thankfully he was able to purchase his own dress robes this year... Unlike fourth year-

We decided our color would be red. Ron bought just plain black dress robes, and a red bow tie. Nothing too extreme. Me on the other hand... Well. You'll just have to see for yourself.

The only one who's seen my dress is Hermione, Ron is going to have to wait until the ball

Today went by rather slowly but it was finally time to head up to the dorms for bed.

My friends and I had been sat in the common room most of the day in deep conversation about what we wanted to do when we got out of Hogwarts. Of course they all want to be Aurors. I think it's cool, but I want to teach.

As everyone knows, the Defense Against the Dark Arts post usually doesn't stay filled for more than a year. I want to change that for Hogwarts. I've always been good at the subject and I genuinely think I'd be a damn good professor.

Anyways, everyone was tired and ready for bed. Ron and I hadn't slept together in awhile so he offered for me to come stay in his dorm. I wasn't sure I was comfortable sleeping in a room full of guys but Harry assured me we would be left undisturbed. Plus it wasn't like I wasn't friends with all of them.

So we spent the night in his bed together. Ron does this thing where he leaves kisses all over my face every night before bed, even if we're not sleeping together, and I love it. He doesn't know this but it's helped a lot with my sleep. It kept my nightmares away for awhile until I just stopped having them. But it puts me in the happiest moods before I fall asleep and I just sleep better than I used to.

(wow this chapters going nowhere. let's get to the point, sorry.)

The next morning was obviously the day of the Going Away Ball. It started earlier in the day (2:00) and ended around 7:00, but us, the seventh years, are allowed to stay out as long as we'd like. (just no later than 1 am.)

It was around 11 in the morning when I woke up, Ron was still out cold. I slipped from his grasp and wrote a short note for him when he woke up.

Good morning my love, left to start getting situated. Hope you didn't sleep in too late,
- Y/n

And I left. When I entered my dorm Hermione was already awake and pacing around like a lunatic.

"Um, 'Mione, everything alright?"

"Oh yes, just fine."

I decided not to pry at her and leave her be to deal with whatever it was.

I showered, brushed my teeth, did my makeup, hair, and by the time I was ready to put my dress on it was 1 pm.

I helped Hermione finish getting ready before I slipped on my dress, with a lot of help from her of course.

I wasn't one to show much skin or really wear anything along the lines of this dress, but I looked and felt great and was excited for Ron to see me.

(i'm lazy y'all, just skip to 2:00)

I stood at the top of the stairs, searching for Ron. As soon as I spotted him, Harry looked up at me and nudged Ron in the side.

Ron scowled and turned around to where Harry threw his head and immediately his mouth fell open.

He was always dramatic about things like this but... He's never looked so shocked in his life.

I giggled at the boy and made my way down the stairs to meet him and Harry.

"Bloody hell. Where did you even find that dress." Was the first thing Ron said to me.

"Thank you Ronald, you look ravishing yourself." I laughed and rolled my eyes playfully.

"Oh, right. You look... Gorgeous. Hot. Sexy-"

Harry interrupted. "Absolutely brilliant."

"Well thank you both. Ron, are you going to take me in or what?"

The red head shook his head riding himself from his daydream and held out his arm for me to take. "What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't?"

The Great Hall looked absolutely beautiful. Everyone could tell Neville loved it the most. There were plants and vines all over the place. It almost looked like a jungle.

Everyone danced the day away with their friends and dates, enjoying their time.

7:00 came around rather quickly and the rest of the school began to clear out except the seventh years.

The first song to play was a slow one, which I was ecstatic about.

"Care to dance m'lady?"

"You know I'd love to."

I took Ron's hand he held out for me and he took me to the floor.

My hands around his neck, his around my waist, we swayed to the music and enjoyed our moment together.

Obviously though, something was on his mind.

"Everything okay in there?" - "Yes of course love, just thinking."

"Well what are you thinking about?" - "Us. What we're going to do when we get out of this place." - "Well... What do you want to do?"

He pulled me a little closer to him if that was even possible, still making eye contact with me. "Well as I've said, I want you to move in to the Burrow with me. Until we can find a place of our own. I want to help each other succeed in getting our jobs. I want to marry you, and have kids along the way. I want to grow old together and live happily ever after like those muggle movies you love to watch so much."

I couldn't help myself from tearing up. Wow I cried a lot. I could tell Ron was hesitant for my response. "Ronald Weasley, that sounds absolutely wonderful. I wouldn't want to spend my life any other way."

The boy in front of me immediately attached his lips to mine and kissed me passionately.

"I love you Y/n Y/l/n. More than you'll ever know."

"And I love you, Ron Weasley. Always and forever."

We danced the rest of the night, taking in each other the most we could while we were still at Hogwarts. Our childhood was coming to an end and we both knew we were ready to begin a new life together.

A more mature life. A more secure life. A happy life. A life together. Just the two of us and any children we decide to have.

I loved the boy- the man, in front of me and I wouldn't change a single part of our story.

Proof Read/Edited ~ feb. 08, 2021

Word Count ~ (1296)

(a/n) - this is the perfect ending, if i do say so myself. but if you guys want me to keep writing their story i'd be more than happy to. i am quite attached myself to be honest so i'll have no problems with that. but, if you guys feel like this was a good way to end it then i will end it here and make an announcement. please let me know!! and sorry for the wait. xx