The Burrow ~9~

The next day came around rather quickly. I didn't recall anything that happened the night before after breaking down in the headmasters office.

I woke up in Ron's arm, instead of in the common room though, we were in his bed. Apparently he had carried me to his dorm as I cried, and I cried myself to sleep. He still never let me go.

Everyone got packed and ready slowly, and quietly. Hermione, Ginny and I didn't say a word. Harry and Ron in the other room didn't say anything to each other either. The twins were silent as well.

We all made our way out of the common room and to Dumbledores office. We were going to be traveling by port-key. I was going with everyone to the Weasleys as well considering the situation with my parents and Hermione was coming along with since her parents were going to be on vacation over break anyways. Plus, we all always did everything together.

Soon enough, we were in the large yard of the Weasley home; The Burrow.

As everyone entered through the front door Molly Weasley greeted us all with warm hellos and hugs. I loved Molly, she always acted as a second mother to us who weren't a Weasley, especially me since I have known her the longest.

Everyone started to head up the long wood staircase to unpack our trunks in our designated rooms. Hermione would be bunking with Ginny, Harry with the twins, and since Molly trusted us, she allowed me to stay in Ron's room with him.

Arthur hadn't been sent home yet so the house was very quiet and full of anticipation for his arrival.

I was still having trouble keeping myself together so Ron stayed with me in his room so I wasn't alone but also not around so many people. Mr. Weasley was madly fascinated with the muggle world and their inventions. So unlike Hogwarts and most wizarding world homes, every room had a small T.V. that was hexed to work.

I knew all about T.V.s having my dad been a muggle, so Ron agreed to watch my favorite movies with me.

It was starting to get later in the day, so I could smell the food Mrs. Weasley was making in the kitchen. Eventually, we were all called downstairs for dinner. I hadn't even realized how hungry I was until I saw all the delicious food on the table.

"Well everybody, dig in!!"

Everyone sat down at the table and started to fill their plates with mounds of all kinds of stuff. As I imagine nobody else ate anymore than I did today, everyone finished their food pretty fast. Dinner was coming to an end so the table had started clearing itself off. Dishes floated over to the sink to start washing themselves and Mrs. Weasley drying them off and letting them go to once again float around the room off to their designated cabinet.

It was around 9 pm so me and Ron made our way back to his bedroom to get ready for bed. I gathered my clothes and as I was about to leave to change in the bathroom he spoke to me.

"You don't have to leave you know... It's just me." He started to giggle a little. "We never really talk about our childhood growing up together." He sat down on the bed. "Do you remember, when we'd have play dates and your mom would make us take baths together so she could watch us at the same time. We were so little I don't know how you would remember that." "I do.." I said quietly with a small grin.

"Oh, or when my mom would accidentally leave us in the kitchen during lunch and we'd have little food fights."

"Those were always so fun, but it was more entertaining watching Molly clean our mess."

Ron and I both changed our clothes in his room. I was comfortable around him and I knew I could trust him.

The night went by slower than normal, which was odd because me and Ron were having a lot of fun sitting in bed talking about all the things we remember doing as kids together. But it made it easier to cherish the moment we were having at this rough time.

After what felt like many hours of talking, it was only midnight, but we were tired. So we pulled the covers over us and Ron wrapped his arm around my body as he always did. There was never a night we slept together that he didn't wrap himself around me. He hated to be apart. I didn't mind though, Ron made me feel safe and warm. I knew he loved me like he said he did.

The next morning rolled around and we were all woken by a loud Arthur Weasley yelling around the house the he was home and wanted to see everyone.

Ron and I quickly got out of bed and ran downstairs to see him. He looked pretty beat up but never looked happier to be home and see his children. Faces bright and full of happiness.

The day went by quickly while everyone seemed to have a great time with Arthur, once again cherishing the happy moments we were all having. Of course, though, the time came where Mr. Weasley mentioned my father. I knew it was coming but I wasn't sure I was ready to hear it.

"Y/n, I'm sorry about your father.. by the way. I know you probably don't want to hear about it, but I just really wanted you to know how horrible I feel. And I surely hope you aren't upset with me any that... well, because I am still here."

The thought that Arthur lived and my father didn't never really crossed my mind. But as it did, I wasn't upset. I couldn't have been.

"Of course not, how could I. I'm glad to know that you're okay, and that my father isn't suffering. Thank you Mr. Weasley." I said this with a smile on my face. I was trying so hard to hide the pain I was feeling just by talking about my father. Ron knew though. Ron knew how hard it was, and grasped my hand in his giving it a squeeze to inform me that he was here for me.

Proof Read/Edited ~ jan. 11, 2021

Word Count ~ (1058)

(a/n) - okay so I would like to address some things. 1. I realize I don't include very much dialogue in the story so if you are reading this and would like to see more conversation take place please let me know :)) i want this to be as enjoyable as possible for you all. 2. I realize that in the beginning I said my father was a muggle. I caught my slip up last night but as I'm not exactly following the original series were just going to say he was allowed to work for the Ministry with Arthur since his work focused on muggle territory, lol. We can also say the reason he was killed was because he was a muggle, but just pretend I didn't say that because it will be brought up later on 😭. xx