Summer at the Burrow Part 1. ~13~

~ title ib: twasallyellow , if you like Ron x Readers you'll LOVE Summer at the Burrow. It's very well written and the story line is great, and she's currently writing a sequel. Go check it out!! ~

The time finally came where the Hogwarts Express had stopped and everyone began to get off. As my friends and I made our way out we looked for Mrs. Weasley.

"Children, over here! Oh, it's so good to see you all." Molly had called us all over to her and she hugged us once in close proximity.

"So, Mrs. Weasley. Ron said something about me and mom living with you guys for awhile.. Y'know because dad and everythi-"

"Oh, yes dear. Your mother is actually waiting for us outside the station."

My eyes lit up and I immediately started to make my way to the brick wall that entered back into the muggle world. "Well? What is everyone waiting for?"

They all began to follow and soon enough we were outside the entrance of Kings Cross Station. I turned around to take in the view, once again sadness taking over me at the thought of only having one more year left of all of this. Until I saw my mother. I ran to her, her engulfing me in one of the biggest hugs she's ever given me. I could tell she missed me just as much as I missed her.

We stood there for awhile. Hugging, and even began to cry a few happy tears. When we finally departed to see everyone looking at us with an 'awe-that's-so-cute' face, we giggled and began to make our way out of sight of any people so no one could see us use apparition.

"Alright, me and Y/n have to go to our home first, very quickly, so we can get everything we need. We will meet you all there soon." My mother announced.

Everyone shook their heads and Ron gave me a tight hug before we had to leave each other. Only for a short time. Little did everyone know, my heart dropped.

I hadn't been home since father passed, I didn't know what it was going to be like. I wasn't sure about mom and if she had been there; but right now I couldn't even really think about it.

Before I knew it, though, mom had grabbed my wrist and we were suddenly outside my homes front door. It looked different.. more gloomy. I never thought a house could portray emotion but looking at it made me quite sad. Almost like the home knew father was gone and it would never be the same. Almost like.. me.

Mother moved her hand from my wrist to squeeze my hand to reassure me it was okay, and she began to open the grey front door.

The house smelled the same as it did before, which made me a bit more happy to be there. The scent of cherry blossoms and cupcakes made me feel warm. I looked around, studying the livingroom and the kitchen like I had never been there before, then headed upstairs to my room.

I packed my things, faster than I intended. I was ready to get back to the Burrow. Not because I didn't like being home, but I felt like I really needed Ron right now. But then again, when didn't I?

Mother and I finished up packing our things and soon enough were in the huge yard of the Weasley home.

We were greeted quickly as they had all been on their toes waiting for us to arrive. Ron instantly made his way through the crowd of his family members and threw himself at me into a hug.

"You were gone for way too long." He looked at me. "Don't ever leave me again."

I giggled at his clingy ness, that I found very attractive and not annoying at all. "I won't, ever." I gave him a kiss on his cheek and smiled.

He grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs to his bedroom where I set my stuff down. His room was cleaner than last time, and it was clear he wanted me to notice. But his clean room was not it.

"Yes Ron, I see your room is sparkling. Great job, I must say." I said with a chuckle.

"No, no. Thanks for noticing I cleaned my room, but what I wanted you to look at, was that." He pointed at the nightstand next to his bed where a picture of us from our first Christmas as a couple had sat.

"Ron that's amazing. Why isn't it moving?"

"I had dad use one of his muggle cameras to take the picture and printed it.. in honor of your dad, since he was a muggle. And look," he pulled something from behind his back. "You have one too."

It was a matching frame with the same picture in it to go with the one he had. I couldn't help but tear up at the gesture. I set the frame on the bed and wrapped my arms around Ron's waist. He held me tightly and rested his head on mine.

"I love it. Thank you so much." I said into his chest, unable to keep my tears back. He removed me from his torso to look at me, wiping away the tears on my cheeks with his thumbs and kissed my forehead.

We made our way back down the stairs, hand in hand, to join the family.

We all talked about our time at school and the things we did, places we went, classes we took, and teachers we had. The adults loved to hear about our time at school, even if now most of it, from Ron and I, was romantic stuff like the cute little picnics he'd take me on by the Black Lake.

The day went by quickly but everyone was still exhausted by 10 pm. So everyone made their way to bed, saying goodnight to everybody before parting into all different rooms.

Ron and I changed into our pajamas and crawled in bed. I cuddled up next to him with my head on his chest and, sure enough, slept like an absolute baby.

Proof Read/Edited ~ feb. 08, 2021

Word Count ~ (1007)

(a/n) - hey guys!! so i think i'm gonna make a couple chapters about the summer so :)) yea, that's all. hope you liked it, it was a bit boring tbh. i know. xx