Everything Will Be Okay ~11~

The rest of break went by smoothly. It was nice having my mom back around and knowing she was okay. It was still painful knowing I'd never see my father again though, but at least I had mom.

Eventually, it was time to go back to Hogwarts and return to classes.

It was hard leaving my mother, I almost wanted to stay at The Burrow with her for the rest of the year. But, I had to go.

We started to board the train to go back to Hogwarts as I waved my mother goodbye.

I didn't pay much attention to anyone after that except for Ron. I kept close to him but I barely spoke any. I tried to conceal the pain of leaving my mother but it was all too hard, and Ron noticed.

"Hey, love, your moms gonna be okay yah know."

"I know she is.. I just really didn't want to leave her. She had been away for what felt like so long. And without my father.. I just feel so empty. You're the only thing that's keeping me going right now.."

"Darling, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I love you.."

"I love you, Ronald Weasley."

He gave me a long kiss on the forehead before I laid my head on his shoulder. I was sad, yes, but being with Ron made everything a bit better. And I was determined to keep myself together for him.
________________________________

I failed tremendously.

Ron refused to make me sleep alone. But every night I either cried myself to sleep, or I woke him due to my screaming. I had terrible nightmares about my father nearly every night.

Over the break I had begged Harry to tell me what he saw. I begged him to tell me what exactly happened to my father. I imagined it as he spoke. Seeing Arthur Weasley made it all easier to see in my head.

This nightmare I kept having, was that exact thing. I would fall asleep just to see my father being attacked. According to Ron I would kick and scream and sob as I watched down on him being murdered right before my eyes.

It got so bad that Dumbledore had gotten me my own dorm to sleep in so I wasn't waking up any of the other girls.

I felt so bad for Ron, having to deal with it all. I tried to get him to sleep in his own dorm at least one night out of the week, but he promised me he would never leave my side, although I never asked him too, and he stuck by that promise.

I didn't deserve Ron. He was all too good for me. And he definitely could have done better than a girl who can't allow him to sleep in peace.

The rest of the year couldn't have gone by any slower. I didn't have to take exams this year so I was highly anticipated of the summer. I was ready to be with my mother again.

I was getting some help with my nightmares from a friend of Dumbledore's. The man told me to think about some of my happiest memories I have while I'm falling asleep. He even said that good memories of my father would be a good idea. He informed me that if they were strong enough then they would conjure out the bad things I had stirring up in my head. All this information seemed to work very well over the course of the few months I had left at Hogwarts for the year.

So by the time the year was over, the nightmares were gone and I was sleeping like a baby.

Proof Read/Edited ~ feb. 08, 2021

Word Count ~ (618)

(a/n) - I know this one's pretty short but that's because I have something good for the next one. stay tuned. xx