Seventh Year ~15~

I woke up the next morning in Ron's bed. After our cute little dinner we had went up to his room to watch movies and cuddle. He even made us popcorn. Eventually, we fell asleep.

Today was the day we would go back to Hogwarts for our final year. The thought of it made me sad but I was also ready to see what life brought mine and Ron's way after school was over.

It was currently around 9 AM and all the kids that were going back to school were starting to pack their trunks.

The house was very silent as everyone packed, and we all knew it was because we (besides Ginny) weren't prepared to go back just one more year and then be done.

It was time to go though, and everyone heard Molly yell from downstairs. "Alright children, it's about time to head out. I hope you're all packed and ready."

The sound of everyone making their way downstairs with their trunks and a few squawking owls made Mrs. Weasley jump for joy.

Soon enough, after using apparition, we were at Kings Cross Station by 10:40 AM. Everyone said their goodbyes to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and began to load themselves and theirs belongings onto the train.

Once 11 arrived, the train began to move. The group was still pretty silent, everyone dreading their last year. It was only the beginning yet all we could think about was the end. Hogwarts was our second home, especially Harry's. It was going to be painful to have to leave.

I decided to break the silence.

"Oh come on guys, yes it's sad, but I know we're all excited to go back. Let's express that instead!"

Everyone produced a huge smile and we all broke out into conversations about Quidditch this year and who was going to try-out, the classes we would be taking, new things we could do on Hogsmeade trips, anything we could think of.

Time went by brutally fast and before my friends and I knew it, we were at Hogwarts and the train came to a halt.

As we all stepped off the Hogwarts Express we stood and took in the view for quite awhile. The tall castle across the water up on the hill. It looked prettier every year and only seemed to get bigger.

"I never realized how beautiful this place was." Harry had announced.

"Me neither." the rest of us said in unison and began to giggle. "Especially at night." I interrupted as we stayed for a few more seconds gazing at the enormous castle.

Once settled into the Great Hall for the yearly sorting ceremony and feast, everyone's mood seemed to be boosted again at the feeling of being back. And that's all everyone thought about.

While listening to Dumbledore's speech after the first years were sorted, Ron intertwined his fingers with mine underneath the table. I removed my gaze off the headmaster to look at him and gave him a smile.

Dumbledore couldn't have made his speech any longer, but finally the mounds of food had appeared on the table we sat at and we began to dig in.

"Y'know what? It's my last year and I want to make the most of it.. I'm gonna try out to be on the Quidditch team." I suddenly blurted out.

Harry looked at me shockingly, Hermione gave me an approving smile, and Ron wrapped his arms around me as tight as ever.

"Y/n that sounds absolutely wonderful. In that case, I'll skip out this year so I can cheer for you in the stands."

"NO WAY RONALD, I want to play together. You're going to those try-outs."

Ron smiled while nodding and gave me a kiss on the cheek before going back to devouring his food.

After the feast and everyone had made their way back to their common rooms, it was time to head up to bed. Harry and Hermione were already getting ready while Ron and I stayed back for a few minutes.

"So Y/n, I was thinking..." He began to speak to me. "What do you thinks gonna happen after we graduate from this place?"

I smiled at him hoping after I responded that he'd say what I thought he'd say. "What do you mean?"

"I mean with us.."

I thought correctly.

"Well Ron, what do you want to happen with 'us' after we leave Hogwarts?"

"If you want me to be honest," he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and laid the both of us down on the sofa so I was cuddled up on his chest. "I was hoping you'd come live with me at The Burrow for awhile. Until we can get our own place. We'd get our dream jobs and home, enjoy each other's company for a few years, get married, and have a big family."

The whole time he spoke, I looked up at him from his chest in total admiration. Not only was the man I loved sweet, charming, and loving; but he was absolutely gorgeous and total eye candy.

His words sunk in and I could feel myself get warmer at the thought of living our lives together. It made me even happier that Ron's wishes for the future were the same as mine.

Ron and I soon fell asleep together, cuddled up on the common room sofa, talking about our future. Where we wanted to live. What we wanted to do job wise. How many kids we wanted. Anything we could possibly think of.

I was happy. Truly happy.

Proof Read/Edited ~ feb. 08, 2021

Word Count ~ (933)

(a/n) - sorry for the late update, loves. and apologies if this chapter isnt that good, i've been writing it over the last couple of days trying to come up with ideas for it, so it is a bit rushed. i was trying to get an update in after i realized it's been almost a week. peace and love my readers, hope you're enjoying and know i don't plan on ending the story any time soon 🧡 xx