Quidditch ~16~

It was about a month into the school year and things were going by smoothly. It's currently October 2, and I'm getting ready for Quidditch try-outs.

I've been nervous all week and it's only gotten worse since this morning. I'm a fair flyer and I used to play the muggle sport basketball with my dad when I was younger, so part of me did believe that I would be okay.

I would be trying out for a chaser position.

Me and my friends were at breakfast. I was too nervous to eat but Ron insisted that I at least try. He was always so protective of me, now even more.

"Y/n it's important that you eat breakfast. Especially today since we have try-outs. You need your strength and we can't have you feeling sick."

"I'm fine Ron, honestly. I've gone plenty of times without breakfast."

Ron only sighed and went back to eating his food. The concern and worry on his face made me feel bad so I decided to pick up my fork and begin to eat. I could see him instantly smile although he tried to hide it so I wouldn't see.

Breakfast was over and Ron, Harry and I still had a couple hours before try outs so we made our way to the common room with Hermione to hang out for a bit.

Harry was team captain so he would be in charge of who makes the team or not. Ron was trying out for the keeper position.

Try outs came sneaking up on all of us and before we knew it we had five minutes to get to the field. The three of us ran out of the common room, leaving Hermione to sit with Neville, and ran down stairs and hallways all the way to the quidditch field. Thankfully, we were just in time.

"Good afternoon fellow Gryffindors and welcome to the quidditch try outs for this years season. I would like to announce one thing before we begin. Just because you played last year, that doesn't mean you'll make the team this year, so do not expect to immediately be on the team. Now, please come up and sign this sheet with your name and the position you are trying out for." Harry had announced to the group as everyone got settled.

Ron gave my hand a squeeze as reassurance not to be nervous. I smiled at him as we made our way to the table Harry was sitting at.

When it was finally my turn to sign the paper, Harry gave me a smile and a pat on the shoulder as I wrote my name and that I'd be trying out for one of the chaser positions.

I stood off to the side as Ron signed the paper then made his way over to me.

"You're going to do great, love. I believe in you." He said after approaching.

"Thank you, you'll do great as well. Remember that I'll be close by." I responded with a wink.

Try-outs went a lot better than I had expected. I figured I'd fall off my broom at least once or get hit by a bludger but no such incidents occurred. I was happy and quite confident I'd make the team.

A week later, the team players were posted on a sheet, plastered to the wall in the Gryffindor common room. I could hardly pay attention to any other names besides mine, for a chaser position and Ron's for the keeper position. We both made it. I was over joyed and couldn't help but turn around and wrap my arms around Ron's neck tightly.

He returned the gesture with a smile on his face. "I told you, you could do it."

I gave one of my biggest smiles at Ron's encouragement and supportiveness.

"I love you."

"And I love you, Y/n Y/l/n."

In about a month would start the actual season, our first game taking place on November 7, against Slytherin.

Proof Read/Edited ~ feb. 08, 2021

Word Count ~ (670)

(a/n) - okay so i'm very well aware that this chapter was a long time coming and it's HORRIBLE. it's pretty short and not very 'information filled' but I needed to upload something and this was all i have for now. it's really just a fill in chapter. i have a four hour car ride ahead of me on friday and again on sunday so i'll definitely upload then. thanks for the patience, views, AND THE VOTES; much love 🧡 xx