Summer at the Burrow Part 2. ~14~

The summer went by, sadly, very quickly. I had so much fun with the Weasleys, my mom, and my friends.

Most of our weeks consisted of us teenagers playing Quidditch in the yard. I'm not the hugest fan of playing Quidditch so Ron would stay inside with me some days and we'd play his favorite game: Wizards Chess.

He was very good at it and I enjoyed admiring how happy winning made him.

Unfortunately, it was the last day of the summer before we had to head to Kings Cross tomorrow morning before 11.

Ron decided he was going to make sure I never forget this wonderful day.

I was woken by him lightly shaking me.

"Good morning my love, come on it's almost 10. Breakfast is ready."

I groaned and rolled out of bed, and almost fell even, but of course Ron was there to hold me up. I made my way down stairs, Ron's hand in mine, without getting dressed or anything. Much to my dismay, everyone looked rather nice and dressed up today.

"Well don't you all look ravishing, what's the special occasion?" I said with a yawn.

"Ask Ron." the twins said in unison.

I looked at Ron with a confused look on my face before I sat down and he sat next to me.

"So are you going to tell me what they're taking about?"

"Well I would, but it's a surprise." He said with a wink.

Ron knew I loved surprises, this being said, I sat up straight in my seat with excitement and a bit of a squeal. It made him happy to see me so excited. He grabbed my hand under the table and we began to eat our breakfast.

Once we were all finished I went back upstairs to try and find something nice to wear along with everyone else.

After searching through my clothes, for what felt like ages, I pulled out a yellow sundress, with tiny white flowers on it, that goes to my knees. I slipped off my night clothes and threw it on. I grabbed my make-up bag, hair brush, and toothbrush and made my way to the bathroom.

I brushed my hair and teeth and began to apply some of my make-up when Ron slipped in the bathroom and grabbed my hand. He took the eyeshadow brush from me and placed it on the sink. "You don't need any of that." And before I could say anything he was dragging me down the stairs.

We got to the livingroom and he made me sit down on the couch as he sat next to me.

"You literally dragged me down the stairs just to sit on the couch?"

"Well, yes and no. I need you to stay here for while."

"You WHAT? You just want me to sit on the couch all day long? For what Ron?"

"Not all day, just until dinner. I'll bring you anything and everything you need but you have to stay here or you'll spoil the surprise."

"Why can't I just stay in your room?"

"That's actually a good point... but you're gonna be out here so Hermione and I can keep you company."

"Just you two? What about everyone else?"

"They'll be busy."

I knew Ron wasn't going to tell me what was going on so I left it alone after that. I sat on the couch with Hermione and Ron for what felt like absolutely forever; but, dinner finally was right around the corner.

Fred and George came inside to speak to Ron. "It's all ready." They said, once again in unison.

Ron pulled me up from the couch. "Okay, close you're eyes."

"Um.. okay?" And I closed my eyes like he said as he grabbed my hand.

"Ron! Where are we going?" I asked, giggling. But he didn't respond.

Ron slowly took me outside. We walked a bit through the yard before he stopped me and we stood for a second.

"Okay, open them."

I opened my eyes to see a beautiful, and honestly over done, picnic set up. But it was wonderful. There was a a canopy with fairy light around the top. A picnic table with benches in the center. All kinds of food and things to snack on across the table.

"Ron." was all I managed to say before a tear ran down my cheek. I was speechless. He did this for me.

"Do you like it?"

"Ron I- Are you kidding?! I love it.. You did all this?"

"Ha well, it was my idea and I picked the stuff out but everyone helped set it up while I kept you from seeing outside."

He held out his hand for me to grab, which I did, and we made our way to the table. Everything smelled so good.

The night was absolutely magical. No one bothered Ron and I. It was just me and him, eating and talking about anything we could think of.

We were having so much fun we hadn't even realized it was getting pretty late. Dinner started at 6... It was now just about 11.

"Oh my goodness, Ron it's almost midnight." I laugh at how late it had gotten.

"Mom said she'd clean up for us.. but I have something to tell you."

I began to worry. I just knew Ron was going to ruin the whole night with some bad news. Which was probably why he planned all this in the first place, just to make me happy in hopes the bad news wouldn't feel so bad.

"Alright.. what's up?"

I began to fiddle with the end of my dress. I was anxious.

"Y/n I- I love you. You know that don't you?"

I nodded. Still nervous. He held his hand out for me again and I grabbed it as they sat on the table.

"Good. I just really wanted to show you and even try and tell you just how much. You see... The day I met you, even though we were so young, I knew you were going to be a huge part of my life. You made me so happy. I didn't want to lose you. When I began to realize my feelings for you I was so scared. I didn't want to ruin my relationship with my best friend. I figured if I told you how I felt then I would just mess everything up with you and you'd never talk to me again. Really, what I'm trying to say is- I've never been this grateful in my life. You mean so much to me and now knowing that you feel the same has just made my life so much better. It feels great to be able to hug you without feeling awkward, and kiss you whenever I want because you're my girlfriend. But you're also still my best friend. Y/n, please stay with me forever."

By the end up Ron's heartfelt speech, I was practically sobbing. I got up and ran to the other side of the table where Ron sat. I threw myself around him, crying into his shoulder as he wrapped himself around me in return.

"Are you okay?" He had asked me, with real concern in his voice.

I lifted my head to look at him.

"Are you kidding me Ronald Weasley. I've never been better." And with that I kissed him passionately and he didn't hesitate to kiss back just as.

At this point I wanted to return the favor and tell Ron exactly, and I mean exactly, how I felt about him. But I was too busy sobbing happy tears as he held me close to him to even get a full sentence out. He truly loved me, and I couldn't ask for a better life than this one. He was finally mine and I was his. Little did he know that in my head I was promising him my entire life. I was never going to leave his side, never. I was going to stick with him forever, just like he asked.

Proof Read/Edited ~ feb. 08, 2021

Word Count ~ (1347)

(a/n) - pretty sure this is the longest chapter i've written. hope you guys like it xx 🧡