Neville and The Note ~18~

It's been a week since I've talked to Ron. I was starting to think he might be under the impression we weren't together anymore. Even I was sort of under the impression we might be.

I wanted to talk to him. Get the answers I was looking for before. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. I was embarrassed by my outburst.

Not only had Ron and I not spoken, but I haven't even seen him. I was for sure avoiding him, but with the fact that we didn't cross paths not once, at all, I was sure he was avoiding me as well.

Today was another weekend and everyone had the day off. Considering I didn't have Ron to hang out with, and I had also been avoiding conversation with Harry and Hermione due to Ron and I's issues, I figured I'd stay in for the day.

I was sat at the couch in the common room reading my Divinations book. I never hated Divination, but I didn't like it either, and I wasn't exactly the greatest in the subject.

That's when I heard foot steps coming from the stairs. I was a bit startled, due to being 98% sure everyone was down at Hogsmeade; but my body relaxed when I saw it was only Neville.

I always enjoyed Neville's company. He was great to talk to, and unlike others he spoke to, I never seemed to get bored. Even if I wasn't the fondest of the subject of the conversation. He was incredibly sweet and his innocence made him absolutely adorable.

Neville was one of the first people I made true friends with when I got to Hogwarts, besides already knowing Ron and his bothers. He was always pretty shy but felt compelled to open up to me on the first day we met. He made me just as comfortable, and within a few hours we knew almost everything about each other that there was to know. He was practically my best friend. I cant believe I haven't mentioned him until now.

I will admit though, since I had started dating Ron, we haven't talked much. But when I would apologize, Neville would a always say he understood and reassured me it was okay and we always found time to catch up when we could.

I smiled as he looked at me and decided to make his way over to the free seat next to me on the sofa.

"Well hello Y/n, fancy seeing you here."

"Hi Neville, how have you been?"

"I've been pretty good. Why aren't you with Ron?" Already with the questions. I knew he'd ask but not seconds after he sat down... - "Um well, we're kind of, not speaking right now." - "Well don't be afraid. Go ahead and tell your best friend all about it." He said with a small smile.

I told him everything. About how he had been treating me since January and everything that was said during our... argument. And I told him how I'm feeling, how embarrassed I am and hurt.

Neville was about to start giving me his A1 advice, as usual, but he was suddenly interrupted by a paper bird flying towards us from the stairs that had caught my attention.

I held my hand out and it landed. Neville and I looked at each other with confusion. Then I opened it, and it was a note. It read:

I've been trying to figure out how to tell you something but I just don't know how. I ruined everything, I know, but please give me another chance. There's so much you don't know and if you'd let me explain then maybe you'd understand.

This isn't about Hermione. It isn't about any other girl what so ever. It's about you. It's always about you. Everything is about you. You're my world. I need you to forgive me.

Meet me tonight. Place of your choice if you decide to write back. If you don't, I'll be in the common room. I hope to see you...

I love you. Only you. Forever, even if you don't forgive me.
-R.W

I didn't even know I was crying until I looked up at Neville and he asked me what was wrong.

"Oh uh- It's Ron. He wants to talk. Neville I shouldn't have walked away that day. I never even gave him a chance to speak. I have to go."

At this point I was sobbing. I felt so bad for leaving Ron there and not letting him explain before running off. Neville put his arm around my shoulders and let me cry into his chest.

"I agree. You should talk to him." - "Thank you Neville."

I stayed there on the couch with my best friend for awhile talking about what we've been up to. Apparently he's been hanging out with Luna Lovegood a lot lately and he thinks he likes her. I'm happy for him.

It wasn't until we both realized that it was dark that we checked the time. It was almost 10 PM, and I remembered the note Ron gave me.

I thought about it more and where the note had came from. I guess Ron never left his room today. I hope he hasn't been in there all week and that's why I haven't seen him.

Neville decided he was going to go to bed and said his goodnights and headed upstairs.

I stayed on the couch in the common room remembering Ron said we'd meet here if I didn't write back. Which I didn't. He never exactly gave me a time but since he hadn't been down here yet, I figured it would be a bit later.

The clock was just about to strike twelve when I heard a voice behind me.

"You came?"

Proof Read/Edited ~ feb. 08, 2021

Word Count ~ (968)

(a/n) - sorry for the wait... again. and the cliffhanger, but if i would have added the 'rest' of the chapter it would have been pretty long. starting the next chapter now! xx