Down Hill ~8~

After the late night, I woke up later than usual the next morning. Hermione was already gone so I imagined her, Harry and Ron were down at breakfast waiting for me. It was another free day, so I wasn't worried about rushing or anything, except I really wanted to see Ron.

I threw on some clothes, brushed my hair and teeth, slipped on my shoes and was out the door. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who slept it, because Ron was also just now leaving the boys dorm.

"Well good morning darling." He said to me with a big smile. Ron grabbed my hand and we made our way down the stairs, out the portrait hole of the common room, straight to the dining hall for breakfast.

As we walked in, Harry and Hermione noticed us. When they saw our hands linked together they both gave each other a smirk and went back to their food. Me and Ron finally made it to the Gryffindor table and sat down across from our friends, right next to each other as always.

"So I'm guessing last night went well?" Ron and I both looked up from our breakfast to see Harry smirking at us, and then wink at Ron. The four of us laughed a little before Ron decided to speak.

"Actually, it did... I asked her to be my girlfriend." I couldn't help but smile so hard my cheeks hurt. "I said yes of course."

Ron and I looked at each other and he kissed my forehead before our friends congratulated us and went back to eating.

————————————————————

Several weeks had gone by and everything with Ron was going very well. Some nights we would sleep together in the common room when we didn't want to be apart. For our one month, Ron gave me a beautiful gold locket with a ruby in the center. A picture was inside, it was us, the first picture we had ever taken together during first year.

Life was well. Our relationship was well. Then Harry had, what we thought was a dream. A vision. A horrifying vision. A vision that ruined all the happiness I had in me.

It was late, and I was peacefully sleeping when Hermione had shaken me with all of her strength. I opened my eyes just barely to see she that she looked absolutely mortified.

"Y/n, you need to come with me." She said and it sounded as if she were holding back tears.

I got quickly out of bed as it was obvious something serious had happened. All I could think about was if Ron were okay... But Ron was fine, sort of.

~ BACKSTORY INFO~

My father works at the Ministry of Magic with Ron's father Arthur. In a way. With my family living in the wizarding world so it was easier for me to go to school and my mom to use magic, it was difficult for my father to find a job. So, Arthur talked the minister into letting my dad 'work' with him. He did work with muggle artifacts. Anyways, it was how I met Ron actually. Neither of our parents are that well known or well liked, but they have their jobs and each other to keep them happy.

I'm not sure about Arthur, but my dad spends a lot of his time at work. I only ever see him about two days out of the week. It's nice that he loves his job, but he stays mostly for overtime because he doesn't exactly get paid that much, being a muggle and all. I miss him a lot when I'm away at school because then I don't even get those two days.

~ BACK TO MAIN STORY ~

I wasn't sure where Hermione was taking me, but soon enough we were entering Dumbledore's office. The first things I noticed were every last one of the Weasleys standing in the room, eyes full of anticipation, and Harry standing there with Professor McGonagall all sweaty looking as if he just got done swimming in the Black Lake.

Finally, I spotted Ron and ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him tightly. "What is going on?" I whispered under my breathe, but he knew just as much as I did. Not a thing.

"You all are here because Harry saw something in his sleep. It wasn't a dream. I'm not sure what it was exactly, but definitely not a dream. Weasleys, I'm sorry to inform you that your father was attacked tonight at the Ministry." There were gasps all over the room.

"He has been sent to the hospital and will be just fine in days time. You all will be sent home in the morning and won't come back until after winter break which is next week." Dumbledore spoke surely as if everything was going to be okay.

"You all may go back to bed now. Harry, y/n, you stay. Ron I suggest you stay as well." His voice became quieter. Sadder. Soon, the others had cleared the room as told.

"Y/n, I don't quite know how to tell you this, but your father was also attacked along side Mr. Weasley."

The room was silent as my heart sank.

"Unfortunately... he did not make it to the hospital. As we tried to inform your mother, she was no longer at home and we have been unable to track her."

I could feel myself collapsing to the floor before Ron had caught me and held me in his arms as we slowly made our way to our knees.

I sobbed for what felt like forever, Ron never lifting a finger and staying by my side. Harry and Dumbledore refused to look at me on the floor in pain.

The rest of the night was a blur. I cried and I cried. I had lost my father, forever, and my mom was nowhere to be found. What had happened to her?

Proof Read/Edited ~ jan. 11, 2021

Word Count ~ (998)

(a/n) - hi guys! I know this chapter really took a turn for the worst, but I wanted to add some emotional mess into the story and this is what I came up with inspired by The Half-Blood Prince. I'm also aware my chapters are running a little shorter than 'normal' I guess you could say, but school has me a bit stressed out right now so I'm doing what I can. xx