The Late Valentine's Day ~20~

I woke up to Ron shifting in his sleep underneath me. I had almost forgotten we fell asleep on the sofa together, just like we used to.

I slowly removed his arm that was wrapped around me and got up. I didn't want to wake him, but I failed.

"Good morning, love." His voice was raspy from just had waking up and it was the hottest thing I've ever heard.

"Good morning Ronald." - "Hey! I thought we talked about you calling me that." I giggled at my boyfriend and started to walk away from the sofa.

"Where are you going?" - "To go get dressed."

"Wear something nice, I have an idea." He said.

I smiled and nodded at him and made my way to my dorm. I wondered what he had planned.

I got dressed into a cute, short black dress with a cropped jean jacket and my black flats. I removed my hair from the braids I had it in yesterday to reveal the small waves.

I brushed my teeth, and finished freshening up to go back to the common room where I discovered Ron was not.

I figured he was up in his dorm getting dressed so I sat in one of the chairs and waited.

I was right, about 10 minutes later Ron came down is a nice button down flannel and jeans. I even noticed he had brushed out his hair and laid it down nicely.

"Wow you look...", Ron couldn't even contort a full sentence.

"You don't look too bad yourself my love. Now, where are you taking me?"

He smiled at me before looping his arm with mine and heading outside of the castle without saying a word. I just kept quiet and waited until we arrived to our destination.

Soon after we ended up in Hogsmeade right in front of The Three Broomsticks.

"After you m'lady", Ron said while holding open the door for me. I smiled, thanked him and made my way into the pub.

Ron sat us at a table and ordered us some butterbeers before I finally asked what this was all about.

"Well, we were fighting over Valentine's Day, so I wanted to make it up to you and take you on a surprise date. I also wanted to apologize again for how I acted. I shouldn't have put you through that and instead just talked to you."

"Oh Ron, this is so sweet.. And you're forgiven. We all make mistakes, and then we learn from them. Now we know what to do and what not to do in another situation like that one. I love you."

"I love you more."

The waitress came with our drinks and we sat for a couple hours just talking to each other.

"Wait a minute, we just made up yesterday. How did you plan this?" I said with a laugh.

"I may have dreamed of it..."

"Of course you did." And we both giggled about it and continued to discuss until he eventually brought up the one thing I didn't really want to talk about today.

"So, who do you think wrote the letter...?" Ron asked me. "Honestly, I have no clue. I just know it wasn't Neville. I planned on talking to him later." - "Can I be there?" - "Of course you can, just maybe keep quiet. Since it obviously was a touchy subject for you.." - "Deal."

"What about you Ron, who do you think wrote it?" - "Well if we're being honest and really thinking about it... I have no clue either. It could have been anybody. Harry, Hermione, Seamus, maybe even Draco. Bloody hell, for all we know it really could have been Neville and when you didn't mention it he just thought you never got the letter and left it alone."

Suddenly, something clicked in my brain.

"I GOT IT!" I'm pretty sure the whole pub heard me yell.

"Well, spill... Who was it." - "Come on Ronald, you know good and well who it was."

"Don't- call me Ronald. And no, I don't. Could you just tell me?"

"Come on, let's go. We have some boys to give a taste of their own medicine."

I grabbed Ron's arm and dragged him out of The Three Broomsticks and headed back to the castle.

It was time to plan a prank.

Proof Read/Edited ~ feb. 08, 2021

Word Count ~ (719)

(a/n) - sorry for how late this is, i was having trouble writing it. but here it is, and sorry it's short :)

(quick question- should i start writing one shots? i'll make a book out of them and i'll even take requests)

AND THANK YOU FOR 8K, it's not much but it's enough for me. i really never expected this book to get anywhere at all. 🧡xx