Nothing but Love ~7~

The common room was quiet, the only noise coming from mine and Ron's heavy breathing.

Our fingers were entwined, one of his hands on my thigh. He laid over top of me. We were kissing. I run my free hand up and down his torso under his shirt. Our tongues exploring each other's mouths. I had never felt this way before, and I hoped he was feeling it too.

~REWIND~

"Y/n, I'm in love with you."

His soft voice lingered in my ears as I replayed his words over and over in my head, staring heavily into his eyes. I had no words, no words to express how I was feeling. How much I wanted to tell him I loved him too, but the shock and surprise kept me from doing so.

Despite the long silence, he had hope in his eyes. Hope I responded to him, whether I tell him I loved him too or I didn't. I could tell all he wanted.. was a reply.

I still couldn't speak, the boy I loved for longer than I even knew, loved me back, and he confessed.

I found my gaze lowering to his lips. Within seconds, I forced my face onto his, connecting our lips. There was no hesitation. He didn't pull away. He went along with it. He kissed me back.

I pulled away slowly. We processed the event, staring heavily into each other's eyes once again. Before I knew it, he had gently pushed me, making me lay on the sofa of the Gryffindor common room.

~FAST FORWARD~

Our lips disconnected as we both needed some air. Ron looked me in my eyes for a few seconds before removing himself from body, making me shiver from the absence of his warmth over me. I sat up.

"Ron I-," he looked up at me with that same hope in his eyes he had before I kissed him.

"I'm in love with you too." I finally found the words and confessed them to Ron. A wave of relief came over me as we both smiled at each other and giggled a little bit at our obliviousness over the years, and how easy it was to just be honest with ourselves and each other.

He brought his hand to my cheek and pulled me in for another, quick kiss. I smiled at him.

"It's pretty late my love, we should get up to bed." Ron said as he grabbed my hand and we walked up the stairs to the dorms. We stopped at the girls dorm first in front of the door.

He kissed my hand and let go. Then he spoke, "I have one last thing to say. Well... ask."

"And what would that be Ronald?"

"Considering you love me and all, will you be my girlfriend?"

I smile. "I'd be happy to be your girlfriend, as long as you promise not to tell Harry until tomorrow and I won't tell Hermione.. so we can tell them both and do it together."

We both laughed and he kissed my forehead, followed by a whisper in my ear. "You make me so happy."

Goodnights and I love yous were exchanged before we entered our dorms.

Surprisingly, Hermione hadn't waited for me to get back and was peacefully sleeping. I quietly climbed in bed, slid under my covers, and drifted off to sleep with one thing on my mind:

Ronald Bilius Weasley, and my 'undying love' for him.

Proof Read/Edited ~ jan. 7, 2021

Word Count ~ (578)

(a/n) - this 'chapter' is a bit short, I know, but it's sort of late and I had to get the idea down when it came to mind so I didn't forget. Although it's short, I'm proud of this chapter so I'm publishing it how it is and not adding anything to it. Hope you enjoyed, if you're readying this. xx