The Prank Part 2. ~22~

Ron's POV
——————

Watching Y/n cry and run off like she did, it was heart wrenching. I knew it was just a prank but she looked genuinely hurt.

I wanted to run after her and comfort her, but I knew I couldn't if we wanted this to work. Thankfully Harry ran after her so she wasn't alone. I trusted Harry and I knew he loved her just as much as I did, in a friendlier way.

I kept my head down, refusing eye contact with anyone so I seemed upset. I even stopped touching my food and just sat there with my head down.

No one said anything, they just sat there resuming to eating their lunch. Except for the twins. They were buying it.

I forced myself to let a tear or two fall and quickly got up from the bench of the table and swiftly walked out of the Great Hall.

I figured Y/n ran off to her dorm room, so that was where I headed.

I also knew Harry was probably with her but I couldn't care if he found out about the prank so I immediately swung open the door to see how she was doing.

Harry was holding her in his arms and I've never been more grateful for him. When Y/n and I started dating, Harry made it his duty to protect her and be there for her when I couldn't be because he knew how much it meant to me that she was happy. Now was one of those times.

They both looked at me with smiles on their faces, I knew then that Harry probably already knew everything.

He kissed her forehead and let her go and walked over to me.

"You should really talk to her. I don't think she expected to react that way." And he patted my shoulder and walked out closing the door behind him.

"Y/n are you alright?" I asked while walking towards her.

She stood up and stepped towards me, engulfing me and one of her really tight hugs.

"I'm fine, I just love you so much. That was harder to do than I thought it would be. I don't ever want to break up Ronald."

I disregarded the use of my full first name. I knew she only used it when she was being serious. Really serious.

"My love, I will never, ever leave you. You know this. I couldn't even actually leave during the whole letter incident," I laughed a little. "I love you Y/n Y/l/n, nothing could ever change that, and I promise I want nothing more than to be with you for the rest of my life. We're just kids, I know, but it's the truth."

I could hear her softly sob into my shoulder while I rubbed her back.

"It's okay." I said quietly into her hair, planting kisses on her head.

(Y/n)'s POV
———————

Ron and I ended up staying in my dorm for the rest of the day and he spent the night. We didn't care about any of my dorm mates seeing us, we just wanted to be together for awhile.

Thankfully though, the absence of Ron worried Fred and George.

The next morning Ron had gotten up early to head back to his dorms and go thank Harry for yesterday. He kissed my forehead and headed for the door.

It was Sunday now so it was still the weekend and no one had any classes. I made my way down to breakfast, keeping up with my sad appearance. Ron was already seated at the table with the same look I had. I walked over to the table and sat down across from him, avoiding looking towards him.

Half way through breakfast, the twins made their way over towards us. "Y/n, Ron," George started. "We need to speak to you lot." Fred had finished.

Ron and I looked at each other before getting up from the table and following the red headed boys out into the surprisingly empty hallway.

George- "We messed up."
Fred- "And we're sorry."
George- "Look, that letter from Neville was fake, it was a prank."
Fred- "We feel horrible, we really do. Our goal was only to make you mad, Ron. Not ruin your guys' relationship."

Me and Ron looked at the twins then at each other before bursting out into laughter.

I've never seen the two boys so confused since I've met them.

"Do you think we're stupid? You had to have known we'd figure out it was you guys eventually." I said through laughter.

"How was it tasting your own medicine you gits." Ron was laughing even harder than I was at his brothers distraught faces.

George- "You mean,"
Fred- "You guys pranked us?"

Me and Ron could only laugh even harder at the idiot boys in front of us.

"Yes!" We said in unison.

Fred and George were speechless and only stood there in awe. Ron and I kept laughing as we intertwined our hands and went back into the Great Hall to finish our breakfast, ignoring the confused looks we got from our friends other than Harry.

Proof Read/Edited ~ feb. 08, 2021

Word Count ~ (865)

(a/n) - i lied in the comments of pt. 1, this is the last part 😭 im not doing three. anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this as much as i did writing it. i think these two are my favorite chapters.

sooo i don't usually do this but im open to start!! i'd like to dedicate this chapter, including part one, to Ronweasleysblackgf for all the love they showed me yesterday. thank you for the support love 🧡 xx