The Nap ~4~

A few weeks had gone by, about three, and things were oddly normal between me and Ron. Despite the awkward event that took place that late night in the common room, it was almost as if it never happened. Actually, it almost seemed like things were better between us than before. I started to notice how often he would look at me, and always speak to me when he had the chance, and walk oddly close to me down the halls. How often he would protect me, and stand up for me, mostly up against Draco Malfoy, who seemed to never leave me alone and always tease me for being what he called a 'mudblood'. Even though I was a half-blood; he's just a prick.

It was a free day so no one had classes. Pretty much everyone was dressed and ready for the beautiful day as me and my dear friends ate breakfast. The conversation varied between things like class assignments and quidditch. Ron was blabbing on and on about his favorite team and how they were going to kick ass this year. I found myself fixated on him the whole time he talked, staring at him and giggling at how absolutely adorable he could be.

After breakfast the four of us started to make our way back to the common room. It was a very nice day so everyone was down at Hogsmeade or practicing spells outside on campus, so the common room would be rather empty and we could relax. As we entered through the portrait hole we all made our way to the arm chairs and sofa. Harry sat in one chair, Hermione in another, leaving the only place left that was comfortable for relaxing for me and Ron, the sofa. We sat together, all pretty silent as it had been a rough week and we could finally just chill and enjoy each other's company.

After about an hour of silence, reading and eating snacks Harry decided to go roam the halls. Hermione, being Hermione, also decided to roam the halls but only until she made it to the library where she would study for awhile. That left me and Ron all alone in the common room, just like that night. A couple hours went by as me and Ron made casual conversation, until things got silent again and I became drowsy. I yawned, and as I did so Ron looked at me with a cute, simple grin.

"Someone seems a bit tired", he said to me as I shifted myself into a more comfortable position. "Well as much as I like relaxing I'm getting a bit bored and it's made me tired". "How about we take a nap then y/n." We, did Ron just say 'we' should take a nap. Surely it didn't mean what I thought it meant. But what if it did.... No, it didn't. It definitely did not. Suddenly a part of me wished that it did mean what I thought it did.

My face drew red as the words he had spoken sank in, and I think he noticed... "We don't have to of course, if you're not comfortable." He DID mean what I thought he meant... What do I do? What do I say? Really, how do I even react at all? Ron's face also drew red as I took longer to respond to him. "No, that sounds great. A nap would be nice to be honest.." I had finally responded, words just sort of making their way out of my mouth.

Ron quickly grabbed my hand and started to drag me, in a polite manner, to the boys dorm where he slept. This was weird behavior. I wasn't really sure what was going on or what had gotten into him and why he wanted to sleep together. All I knew was that I liked it and I wasn't going to verbally question it. He sat on his bed as I sort of stood there until he patted the comforter beside him as an invitation to sit.

I sat down next to him unsure what to do next. Why does this seem so difficult, he only wants to take a nap. So why are we just sitting here and not laying down. We both happened to look up at each other and made eye contact. It was in that very moment that I felt butterflies swarming about in my stomach. I tried to ignore the feelings and ignore what I thought it meant. As the thought of me actually having a crush on my best friend made its way through my head, Ron had grabbed me by the waist.

He pulled me higher up on the bed, laying me down so my head was on the pillow. He kept his arms around my waist and laid his head on my chest. I suddenly had never felt this comfortable in my 16 years of existence. Unsure what to do with my arms/hands, I kept one to my side and the other I used to trace little circles on Ron's back. As I felt him squeeze me just a bit tighter, I felt like I was at home; the home I never knew existed; and slowly but surely fell asleep.

Ron's POV: (just a short one)
After y/n had left the common room that night, I couldn't stop thinking about the pain she had on her face as she said she heard the comment I made on the train. I don't think she realized it though. It was then, as I still sat on the sofa in the Gryffindor common room, that I absolutely hated to see y/n upset, more than anything. That I care about her more than I do anyone else if we're being honest. It was then, that I finally realized my feelings for y/n and how surprisingly deep they were. It was then, that I decided to act on these feelings, as I knew I would never gain the courage to tell her, and hopefully she'd get the hint. I tried my absolute best to try and get closer to her and pray she'd notice.

Proof Read/Edited ~ jan. 7, 2021

Word Count ~ (1032)