Chapter Seven.

"Uh.. Y/n.. I didn't know you could do a jump float..."

You heard Bokuto say, with his mouth wide open in shock.

"Alright! Nice serve!!! Do another one!"
Kuroo says.

"woah woah wait wait wait! Y/n! How did you learn to do that? Are you sure you don't play volleyball???" Bokuto says still with his mouth wide open.

You blushed at his questions.

"Well..um..no I don't play volleyball really.. Only with Kuroo and Kenma.. And well it's kinda like riding a bike.. You don't really forget it once you learn it.."

You started to pick at your nail beds again. Trying to calm down your anxiety.

In all honesty, you haven't played volleyball in over a year. You were surprised yourself that you managed that jump float.

" You have to teach me sometime!!! Okay!"

" O-Okay.."

"Come on! Are we gonna stand here in awe of y/n? Or are we gonna play some volleyball??" Kuroo smirks.
"Serve it up y/n!"

"Oh.. Right!" you say as you take the ball and throw it in the air.

You served another jump float, but this time Akaashi was able to dig it up.

"Here Bokuto!" He yelled.

"KUROO! CROSS SHOT!" you yell getting into place.

In a blink of an eye you had saved the ball and managed to bring it back in the air. Making a perfect set to Kuroo.

He lands his own spike.

Kuroo came over to you and pulled you into a tight hug, picking you up and spun you around.

"Y/n!! That was so awesome! You haven't lost your touch!!"

"Wow..are you sure you don't wanna join the girls volleyball team? I'm sure they'd like someone like you on their team."
Akaashi says.

You look over to him with a bright red face.

Did.. Was.. That... He... Was that an actual compliment? Did I just impress Akaashi Keiji? The one guy who you liked since the start of highschool and he never payed any attention to you!!!

"Oh umm... Yeahh. I'm not really interested in playing on a team.. I really only like it when I'm playing for fun.. Not competition.." you look down and kicked the rocks under your feet.

"Well anyways! I do believe it's still our serve.." Kuroo says, breaking the awkwardness for you.

He gave you a wink as he tossed the ball to you again.

"Serve it up!!" Kuroo cheered.

You took a deep breath and served once again.

You and the boys played for a couple more hours till you had to call it quits.
The boys were in way better shape for the stamina then you were. In honesty you haven't done this much exercise in over a year...

"Well I guess this means that y/n and I won! Sorry for your luck maybe next time!" Kuroo teased as we walked back to my house.

"Man y/n.. You should really practice with us more...you have a wicked serve.. Oh and question? Back there? How did you know I was going to do a cross shot?" Bokuto asks.

"Oh well...i noticed your eyes dart to where you were gonna aim and you always position your self like that when you go for a cross shot...i kinda picked that up from watching you practice..."
You rubbed the back of your head.

"Ah so you watch me in practice eh??" He winks.

Your face turned red. "Well actually I watch everyone.. Since like.. Um.. I am the manager...kinda my job to watch how everyone's doing..."

"Okay stop embarrassing the girl!" Kuroo chimes in. You gave him a smile of relief.

He really does interrupt at the best times. Thank you Kuroo.

You all made it back to your house where you said your goodbyes to Bokuto and Akaashi.

Kuroo came inside to grab his things.

"I can't believe we were playing for that long..." You mumble.

"It was fun though right?" He smiled as he ruffled  your hair.

"I'm gonna miss you Kuroo..." You said as you fixed your hair that he messed up.

"I'm gonna miss you too kid. Hey? Next time I come ill try and bring Kenma, and again, since I have a car, I will definitely come visit more often okay?"
He said as he pulled you into a hug.

"You take care of yourself okay? And try to get some sleep..maybe take a nap when I leave...oh and.. I noticed how Akaashi couldn't keep his eyes off of you while playing out there, try and talk to him more.. You never know, maybe you'll finally catch him!"

You pulled out of his hug annoyed.
"Yeah yeah..go home! But text me when you get there...drive safe.. And tell Kenma I said hi."

"I will, we'll plan another weekend okay?" Kuroo says as he walked out the front door.

You watched him drive away through the doors window and wished that he didn't have to go..
In fact he was the one to thank for getting the boys over here to hang out.. I'm sure if it wasn't for Kuroo, you never would of talked to them...

~BUZZ~

K. Bokuto: Hey! Kuroo gave me your number! I hope that's okay! I had fun today! You can really serve!! Oh and I hope you don't mind that I also gave Akaashi your number!

Y/n l/n: Oh hello :) thank you it really means alot! And I don't mind about whole number thing :)

K. Bokuto: Okay good! We'll I'll see you tomorrow at school!
~read @4:03pm.~

~BUZZ~

Keiji. A: Hey.. Um Bokuto gave me your number.

Y/n l/n: He told me :) hello!

Keiji. A: I had fun last night and today, you're really good at volley ball and video games btw.

Y/n l/n: Oh thank you....i had fun too. It's been awhile since I played volleyball and we'll played a game against someone who isn't Kenma.😰

Keiji. A: I can tell you played a lot of video games, no one could beat you, guess they'll have to be a rematch sometime.

Y/n l/n: Yes for sure😊
~Read @4:30pm~