Chapter Thirty Four.

It has been two weeks since the passing of your dad.
Your aunt had scheduled a funeral last week and you didn't attend.
You finally went back to school after the two week. Focusing on school work.
You still felt numb but we're slowly getting better.
You felt bad for pushing Kuroo and Akaashi away but today was the day that you were gonna make peace and apologize.

It's been two weeks since you had really talked to Akaashi or Kuroo.

Classes for the day were over and you were heading to the bathroom to get changed for volleyball practice.

You bumped into someone.
"I'm sorr-"

"Watch where you're going brat."

Sara.

"Sorry.." You tried to push past her. She grabbed your wrist.

"Heard about your father. Can't say I'm surprised..since it seemes like everyone dies when their near you..oh maybe I should back away from you.. I like my life."

Her words stunned you.

"Why?"

She raised an eyebrow. "Why what?"

"Why do you hate me so much? What did I do to deserve your hateful words? If you give me a blunt answer saying that you just don't like me..then I don't see why you had to bully me..if you didn't like me than just don't talk to me."

"Its simple really, you're just an easy target." She crossed her arms and smirked.

"I see...how lame.."

"Excuse me?"

"I feel bad for you Sara..I feel bad that you feel like I'm an easy target. I feel bad that from this day forward, I'm not gonna be an easy target...I feel bad that you won't have someone to pick on to boost your ego..I really do feel bad that you will never get the satisfaction of bringing me down ever again. "

She looked at you in shock.

"Oh.. And sorry about punching you in the face a while back.." You smirked before continuing to the bathroom.

You didn't look back at the girl. You said your peace with her and you know that she'll never bother you again.. Which felt nice.

✨✨✨

Practice went well for the boys, although none really talked to you. Not even Bokuto or Akaashi.

You understood though. The past two weeks you've been pushing them away.

You really didn't know why but it hurt you to not have them around all the time.
You especially missed Keiji.

After practice was over you walked up to the two owls who were drinking from their water bottles.
They looked at you confused.

"Um..I want to apologize for the way I've been acting these past two weeks...I've pushed away those who mean the most to me and I would like to personally apologize.." You bowed to them.

"Wow y/n.." Bokuto started. "You didn't stutter once through that whole thing!" He ruffled your hair.
"I'm not mad at you by the way, I knew you were going through something and I just assumed you wanted space. Like when my dog died when I was little, I didn't want to talk to anyone."

"That's not the same thing Bokuto..." Akaashi said in his monotone voice.

"Well.. I mean...It kinda is.. Right.. UH."

You laughed at the goofball. "Its okay Bokuto... I knew what you meant...thank you."

He smiled to you. "I'm glad we have our y/n back!"

You smiled and look over to Akaashi, he also had a small smile on his face.

"Keiji? Wanna come over?"

"I'd like that."

Your heart filled with happiness as you remembered that you had a present at your house waiting for him.

✨✨✨

"I'm home." you walked through the door.
You noticed a note on the kitchen table.

"She's working the night shift today..guess we're on our own.. Are yiu hungry?"

"A little" Akaashi said, placing his bag by the door.

"Um Keiji?.."

He hummed in response.

You walked over to him and pulled him in for a hug.

He stumbled at the impact but he held you close.
He nuzzled his head in your neck.

It was moments like this when you realized how close in height you and him were.

"I'm sorry..I'm sorry for pushing you away and ignoring you and-"

He pulled away from the hug and quickly closed his lips onto yours.
He placed his hand on your cheek as he deepened the kiss.

You both stayed there for what seemed like a few minutes, finally pulling apart for air.

"You don't have to explain yourself y/n..I should of been more understanding. You didn't want to be comforted as you wanted to grieve on your own, without anyone pressuring you. You wanted to take it at your own pace."

You smiled to him.

"I lo-" You stopped yourself. Blushing hard.

He looked at your confused.

"Oh. I have a present for you." You said, remembering what you had waiting upstairs in your room.

"Close your eyes." You smiled.

He did as you asked with a small grin.

"Okay..ill be right back, and please don't peak."

He nodded his head.

You rushed to your room and you grabbed his present from your desk.

You held it behind your back, making sure he wasn't peaking.

"Hold out your hands."

He smiled.

You placed the gift in his two open hands.
His eyebrows furrowed.

"Can I open my eyes now?"

"Yes."

His eyes fluttered open and down to his hands.
In his grasp was a painting.
The painting was you and him sitting on a hill watching the sun set, your head on his shoulder.

"I um.. Recreated the memory of when you confessed to me at Shinzen.. During the training camp.."

He smiled as he stared at the painting.

"I love it..I'll never forget that moment."

He lowered his hands and pulled you into another kiss, this time it was more gentle and soft.

"I missed this." He whispered.

"What?" You asked, cheeks a slight pink.

"Kissing you." He smiled.

"I missed it too Keiji...having you around..its been a long two weeks but I've figured things out and like you said, I grieved in my own way. But with these two weeks I've realized how much you mean to me..how much I needed you.." You whispered the last bit.

You took his hand that was holding the painting and flipped it backwards.

Your heart raced and we're shaking.

On the back of the canvas wrote.

✨The day a certain setter stole my heart✨
I love you  

His eyes widened as he read what you wrote.
You impatiently waited for his response.

"I love you too y/n."

You're stomach grew with butterflies and a wide smile came across your face.
You were happy he loved you back.