Chapter Thirty Three.

You woke up the next morning to an alarm.
You had noticed that it was Keiji's.

You reached over him and grabbed his phone that was sitting on the night table.

You quickly turned it off.

"Morning.." He smiled, making eye contact with you over top of him.

You blushed and quickly jumped off of him and stood up.
"Um..you better get ready for school.."

"You're not going?"

"Um..no..I've been excused till farther notice..can you tell Bokuto and the coach that I will absent for awhile?" You looked down and started to play with your fingers.

"Of course..want me to skip a--"

"No!..um..you should go okay..ill be fine.."

He sat up and gave you a worried look.
"Y/n..if you need me.. I'm here okay?"

"I know Keiji..um, but you better get ready okay? I'll see you down stairs.."
You said before taking off.

You walked down the stairs to see that your aunt was still sleeping.
You looked into the living room to see a sleeping Kuroo.

"Kuroo...hey..you have school.." I shook him awake.

His eyes fluttered open, as his eyes adjusted they widened.

"Y/n.." He mumbled before pulling you into a tight hug.
You could hear his heart beating fast and faster every second.
"I'm so sorry for you loss.."

You pulled yourself away from him.
"I'll be okay.. I talked to Keiji last night.. He helped me.. But.."

"You can talk to me when you're ready okay? Oh and as for the school thing, I'm skipping today."

"Please don't-"

"You shouldn't be alone.. And from the way you're acting, I can tell that you told Akaashi to leave as well."

"She did.." He said from behind you. Arms crossed leaning on a near by wall.

"Sorry but I'm not as much as a push over as Akaashi is.. You can get rid of me that easy." Kuroo winked to Keiji, who in return rolled his eyes.

"Guy-"

"Not taking a no for an answer." Kuroo stood up and put his hands on his hips.
"Akaashi, you can stay too if you want. I'll stick up for ya buddy."

"I don't need to be stood up for..." Keiji retorted.

Kuroo chuckled. "Nah I get it, you're trying to stay on her good side.."

You shot Kuroo and angry glance.

Akaashi rolled his eyes again and started to walk towards you guys. Pulling you into a hug.
"I wasn't gonna leave anyways."

The sound of his voice made you start to cry.

"Good, how that that's settled...wanna go out for coffee?"

You pulled away from Akaashi. "I-I don't really wanna go out.."

"That's cool, I'll make some then." He smiled as he pat you on the head and worked his way to the kitchen.

You sat down on the couch and pulled your legs to your chest.
"Kuroo is worried...i can see it in his eyes.."

"Yeah..he told me what happened when your mom passed..."

"I don't want him to feel bad for me..I don't want to be the one who brings his mood down.."
You started to rant as tears fell from your eyes.
Your emotions were unbalanced right now. Making you not think straight.

You felt a hand on your knee.

"He cares about you that's all...you'd be the same if the roles were reversed.. You'd do anything to see your best friend smile. And help them through everything."

You nodded to Keiji not speaking another word.

He understood though, he wasn't the pushy type.

You leaned your head on his shoulder.
"He's gone Keiji..and I didn't even get to say goodbye.."

Your heart raced, but the tears had stopped. You stared into nothing as the numbness grew over you, pulling you deep into a dark, black hole.

After a few minutes Kuroo came back with three mugs of coffee. You took yours with welcoming hands.

Kuroo took a seat in the recliner.
"I know this is a stupid question but.. Are you okay?"

You shook your head, taking a small sip from your mug.

"So what do you guys wanna do today? We can play video games or watch a movie or-"

"Actually, Akaashi could you let Kuroo and I talk alone for a minute." Your sudden words left the boys surprised.

"Sure." He said and planted a kiss on your head.

You waited till he was upstairs and he had shut the door, giving you guys full privacy.

Kuroo came over and sat next to you on the couch.
"What's on your mind kid?"

You hesitated. Putting down your glass.
"I didn't get to say goodbye Kuroo..the last things I said to him were out of anger and fear..i knew he was drunk and I didn't do anything to stop him. I let him walk away and drive...he went through the windshield Kuroo...he also killed someone...i should of stopped him.. Something.. "

"But you didn't know at the time y/n.."

"That's what Akaashi said..."

"And he's right! This is not your fault and please don't blame yourself."
You felt the empathy running through the room.

"I should of listed to him..hear what he had to say.. I was so scared that I didn't even think that those would of been the last words he'd ever say to me...if I knew that I would of heard him out.. I would of forgave him and tried to build a relationship with him.. "

"You were scared and had every right to be..anyone else in your shoes would of done the same thing..." He pulled you into a hug.
"There's nothing you could of done okay?... Please stop blaming yourself."

Tears had finally come back to you.
You didn't hold back as you cried in Kuroo's arms.

"I didn't even get to say goodbye.. He was gone by the time my aunt and I got there...I didn't want to leave his side! I didn't want the last memory of him to be a fight..."

"I know.. I know.." He held you tight, with no intention of letting you go.

You cried in his shoulder for a few more minutes before pulling away.
You saw that he was also crying.

"Please don't cry Kuroo..."

"Its just.. When your mom passed.. You changed.. And I don't want that to happen to you again.. You just started getting happy and even started a new life with Akaashi.. I just don't want to see that disappear..."

You stood up from the couch.

"Ill be okay...please don't worry about me.." You lied.

"Y/n.." Kuroo mumbled.

"You don't need to worry okay..."  You lied again.
"I think I'm gonna go lay down for a bit.. I'm sorry."

He wiped away his tears. "I-Okay...."

And with that you started towards your room.
Opening the door you met eyes with Akaashi.

He walked towards you.

"I'm gonna try and get more sleep...please..go home and rest yourself..i know you didn't sleep last night.. And please convince Kuroo to go home as well..I'll be okay and you two dont need to worry about me okay.."

He said nothing but he gave you a nod, granting you what you wanted.

You watched him turn and walk to the door. He stopped.
"You know..I get that you just want to be alone at this time.. But I don't see the need to push away those who are trying to help you..we get that you're hurting and that's why we want to help.."

He shut the door not letting you get a word in.