Chapter Twenty Seven.

Everyone ate breakfast with smiles and laughter.
Bokuto admitted how funny his wake up was now that he thought about it.
Kuroo on the other hand was plotting his revenge.

"Thank you for breakfast Ms. L/n. The pancakes were really good!" Kuroo complimented.

"Oh no worries hun." Your aunt smiled to him.

"Yes it was very good thank you." Akaashi smiled as he stood up and collected plates, to bring over to auntie.

"Oh thank you Akaashi, but it's okay, you don't need to help clean up."

"I don't mind. It's the least I can do."

She smiled and finally gave in to let him help.

"Looks like he's trying to get brownie points." Kuroo whispered to you.

You punched his arm with a bright red face.
"Come on let's play a game before you guys leave."

"Sounds good to me." Kenma stated as he left for the living room.

"I'm gonna win this time y/n! Mark my words!" Bokuto chimed, as he ran for the couch.

You shook your head at the goofball.
Before walking to the kitchen Kuroo grabbed your wrist.
"Hey.. You okay? I know yesterday was hard..."

You gave him a warm smile. "Yes I'm okay, thank you..you guys really helped keep my mind off of things last night."

"I'm glad." He patted your head before taking a seat next to Bokuto on the couch.

Guess I'm on the floor..

You played multiple games with everyone, passing the controllers back and forth, Akaashi had sat on the floor next to you, not participating in the games.
He would steal glances every so often and smile to himself. You could feel your face turn red every time you caught him.

A few hours went by and it was time for everyone to head home.

You hugged Kenma first, who gladly accepted the hug, usually he wasn't one for affection but you could tell he'd missed you.

Next was Kuroo, he hugged you tight. "I don't know when I'll see you next, we're getting ready for nationals.. So I'm sure we'll both be really busy.. But if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to call okay?"

You smiled in his shoulder. "Okay."

The two waved goodbye and set off back home.
You turned to Bokuto and Akaashi who were standing behind you.

"Thanks guys.."

"Hey hey hey! Anything for my friend okay! I'll see you at school on Monday!" He pulled you into a hug.
You knew that he wasn't really good at expressing his feelings but through the hug, you could tell that he felt bad for you, and wanted you to be happy.

You pulled away with a smile, Bokuto patted your head and smiled his usual wide goofy grin.

"Unlike them, I'll see you later." Akaashi smiled, and pulled you into a tight hug as well.

"I'll meet you outside Kaaaashi!" Bokuto said as he left through the front door.

"Thank you Keiji..last night was perfect..being surrounded by my friends, is really what I needed yesterday."

"I figured that much.. No one should be alone on days like that.." He kissed your forehead.
"Send me a picture of your new glasses okay?" He smiled as he pulled away.

"You bet!"

"Alright, I'll see you later." He cupped your cheek and pulled you into a soft and gentle kiss, sending shivers down your spine.

You pulled away, face bright red and his was as well.

You gave him a half smile as he made his way outside to Bokuto.

You through the window as the two walked down the sidewalk. You felt a hand touch your shoulder.

"Ready to head out?"

You smiled. "Yep!"

✨✨✨

Your appointment went smoothly as it was actually a good thing you went. You found out that your prescription had changed and you needed stronger lenses.

They let you pick out your own pair, with your aunts help, you chose a f/c pair that had a slight hipster style to them.

Usually you'd never go for such a bold pair but these days you'd been feeling more confident in yourself.
You found yourself less shy in certain situations and your stutter had also disappeared.
You felt good.

Later at lunch, your aunt had taken you to the mall and went straight to the food court.
She was treating you to your favorite fast food place.

You both ate in silence.

"I like your new glasses hun.. They look really good on you." Your aunt finally spoke.

"Thanks..oh I have to send a pic to Keiji!" you remembered pulling out your phone to take a selfie.

"So Akaashi huh? How exactly did you guys start dating?"

Your cheeks flushed. "Well I guess at the training camp...he confessed to me and well we just kinda started dating.."

"That's sweet, I can tell he makes you happy, I've never seen you smile as much before...I approve of him by the way..."

"Thanks.. He does make me really happy.."

"Have you had your first date yet?"

"Oh um.. No we haven't.."

"Well I want to hear all about it when it happens." She smiled.

You nodded your head to her.

"Oh.. And your father.. He called me yesterday."

You heart skipped a beat. "Oh?"

"He..told me what happened.. And apologized..and he also said that he wanted to meet up for lunch one day with you..."

You clenched your fists. "I don't wanna see him."

"I figured as much..that's what I told him.."

"And let me guess..he didn't take no for an answer?"

"I hung up before he could say anything back..not really impressed with him either.." She took a bite of her food and chewed slowly.

"He's changed...and not for the best.."

She hummed in agreement.

"It's like something snapped in him..he scared me that night..I don't think I'd be able to face him."

"I understand hun." She gave you a warm look.

"I'll call him when I'm ready..." You shoved your food away, losing your appetite.

"Well on another note, let's go shopping, I think I'm due for a new outfit." She smiled, getting up and clearing the table.

"Can we still go to the art store?"

"Uh of course!!!" She laughed happily.