Chapter Thirty Two.

"Y/n? It's Keiji.."

You heard from outside your door.
You ignored him.

Another knock, same pace, same pressure.

You continued to ignore him.

After a moment you heard someone else knock. A more fast pace and harder knock.

Go away Kuroo...

He waited before knocking again. And again, and again.

You curled up in a ball on your bed, staring blankly at the wall.
There were no more tears to shed, no emotion.. You felt numb.

After awhile you could hear a faint sound of voices, letting you know that they haven't left yet. And probably won't till they see you.

You held your pillow as you tried to force yourself to sleep.

Akaashi's POV.

It's been over an hour since Y/n came home.
Bokuto unfortunately got a call from his mom and had to go. Leaving me and Kuroo.

"You said she was like this when her mom passed yes?" I asked coldly..

"Yeah..her room was destroyed, she didn't sleep, didn't eat...she was.. Was.. She was like a robot, no emotion, no feeling.. She was gone..."

My heart raced for her, wanting nothing more than for that not to happen again to her.
"How'd you talk to her?"

"Kenma and I waited for her...we waited till she was ready.. But it took a solid few months to have her back to her smiling self.."

I nodded my head.

"Ya know, she never used to be shy and anxious..sure she was quiet but she was never like how she is now. When her mom died, that took a big piece out of her...she put up walls..im actually surprised she let you in.."

I looked at Kuroo confused.

"She told me the day she saw you, called me immediately after school and explained how there was this really cute boy in her first period class...she told me how much she wanted to say hi to you but couldn't bring herself to do it.. She decided it'd be best to leave it be.. "

I nodded my head.

"But..when she told me about how you confessed to her.. I never seen a big smile like that in years from her..."

I could see tears form in his eyes.

"It killed me when I found out that she had to move..killed me that I knew she was getting bullied..that she would stay up all night replaying in her head what that b***h Sara said to her...i couldn't be there for her anymore.. Stand up for her.."

He didn't fight the tears.

"She's like a little sister to me man.. I would do anything to protect her from harm...that why I worked so hard for my license.. So I could see her more often and me there for her like now..."

I watched him wipe away his tears with his Nekoma jacket.

"She's so lucky to have you Akaashi...all I ask is please.. Don't let this scare you away from her...don't run because she's too emotional.."

I looked him in the eyes.
"I would never do that to her Kuroo...I plan on staying here till she's ready to talk, and when she is.. I'll be ready to build her back up.." I paused.
"I would never leave her because I love her."

Kuroo smiled at me.

"Thank you Akaashi."

I nodded to him, my face was burning as I realized what I said out loud.

Because I love her.
Yes.
And I'm not going anywhere y/n..

✨✨✨

It was around 10pm and Kuroo and I were still waiting for y/n.
Her aunt had made us diner and I tired to give a plate to her but she didn't answer the door.

Kuroo was fast asleep on the couch as I continued to watch tv.
As much as my body wanted sleep, my brain wouldn't allow it.
I wouldn't sleep till I talked to y/n..

It was now 2am..
Kuroo was snoring, wrapped in the blanket that y/n's aunt had given him.

I decided to turn the tv off and sat in the recliner. Pondering in my thoughts.

"Keiji?" I heard a soft voice say.

My head shot up as I saw y/n peeking around the corner of the living wall.

"y/n?" I said getting up from my seat, and walking over to her.

She looked at me with empty eyes.

"Can't sleep?" I finally say.

She shook her head.

I clenched my hands into fists as I tried to contain composure. But I couldn't hold it any more.

I pulled her into a tight hug and held her.
I held her till she was the one to pull away.

She grabbed my hand and took me to her room.

When I entered, I noticed that everything was still intact.
No mess.

She layed down on her bed patting beside her for me to sit.
I did as she asked.

"He's gone Keiji..." She finally spoke.

I pulled her to my chest.
"I know..im so sorry for you loss.."

"I should of stopped him yesterday.. Or maybe talked to him and try and take his Keys... Or something..."

I held her tight as she cried.

"There were two people in the other car he hit...a couple.. They didn't make it.."

My heart shattered.

"Y/n.. It's not your fault okay? Please don't blame yourself.."

"But I do...i knew he was drunk and I just let him leave... Why? Because I was scared? If I had known that this would of happened, I would of done more-"

"But you didn't know.. That's the thing.. Even if you were to talk to him, called him a cab maybe. Who's to say he wouldn't of drove later that night? Or the next day?" I spoke to her in a soft voice.

"I-I guess you're right.. I just feel so guilty."

"I know y/n.. But there's no reason to be okay? There was no way of predicting this.."

"Thank you..." She whispered.

I kissed her forehead.
"You're welcome.."

She didn't say much else. And I wasn't gonna push her.

I rubbed her hair till she was fully asleep.
I could feel her twitch awake every so often.
But I still held her and I always will.

"I love you y/n." I whispered and kissed her forehead, before falling into a deep sleep myself.