eleven

The two Kims are walking down the stairs with a pout an slumped shoulders. The older one is wearing a Kristoff costume while the other is sporting a Bruni onesie. All eyes were glued into them while they approach the group of people gathered around the huge white Christmas tree. The smirks and sly smiles they see from them made the two even more embarrassed. Hot chocolates, cookies, and cupcakes are served to the young ones while, of course, wines for the elders. All of them was wearing matchy Christmas sweaters that chaeyoung intentionally bought.

"Oh, look at that matching mochi cheeks" the woman in Elsa costume commented. Jisoo was happy to be invited by the Kims every Christmas whenever her family wouldn't be able to come home from California to spend it with her. Also, She'd rather stay in Seoul to than travelling to the other side of the world.

"Told y'all! They would look cute" 

"Shut up" the CEO muttered and sat beside her wife that's been smiling from ear to ear 

"What did you say?" the blonde in Anna costume asked her wife one more time. She heard it clearly. She just want Jennie to reiterate it.

"I said you're cute" 

"Just a reminder, we picked out our characters fair-square" 

.

"Why do we have to do this every year?!" the seven year old Kim asked in low whisper to her Aunt Lisa sitting in squat position and also sporting her olaf onesie

"Do we have a choice? Remember when we didn't wear our costumes last year?" 

"Yeah" Jamie thought for a moment when she remembered that her mummy made sad faces all throughout Christmas up until they forced their mind,spirit and soul to just wear that damn minion costumes. 

"So? You want that to happen again?"

The kid nodded no. She hates wearing costumes but she hated it more to see her mummy sad. Especially this Christmas that she finally have her complete family. The adults, not including Lisa of course, was taking all their time talking like they didn't saw each other few days ago. I mean, what can we say? There's a lot of gossip going on in South Korea's elite families. The fun even more started when Lisa commenced their charades game and boy, the game between businessmen and lawyers will forever haunt Lisa to sleep. The competitiveness and wit were all over the place that they even ran out of words to guess. It was chaotic but it made everyone laugh and feel a lot like Christmas. Opening Gifts, Kissing under the mistletoe, christmas songs, Family photos, and many more cliche christmas activities were all done and of course the next thing to be celebrated is the New Year's Eve.

...

The KGC Gala happens every start of the year. They made it as a tradition to celebrate and give back to all their employees and also to strengthen the alliance between companies covered by the KGC even more. This will also be the year where Jennie Kim will be back ever since she last attended the gala with chaeyoung. It made a lot of controversies especially the following year where she pretty much disappeared in the limelight as well. As the head corporation, Jennie's company is pretty much the lead of this event so all of the things needed to be done was depending to her. Of course she had done it in so many years including the recent ones but of course, only a virtual greeting and toast are the most she could do. She'll be showing up again this year in flesh with her wife, as chaeyoung agreed on earlier. Her mother also kept on pestering her on introducing Jamie to people and of course, she kept on refusing it. She's firm with her words that she wants Jamie just for them and not for people to talk about. Sure, there were a lot of paparazzi and news center who stole photos of them together whenever they're seen on public but Jennie weren't be in her position now if she does not know what business is. All media are afraid of what will come into them if they will release even just one photo of her daughter. One big multimedia network learned it the hard way when their company was shut off after they first released photos of chaeyoung way back then. After that, No media has ever done shit to Jennie. Well, except for those anonymous articles running around the social media.