oʍ⊥ oɹǝZ: We're the What Now-?!

"Woo-hoo, the second chapter, we're on a roll here! This is part of the reason why the first chapter got delayed! And I should've published this earlier, but I got lazy!"

*sighs* "Yes, my lady..."

"Well, let's not waste time. Below are some helpful notes. And remember, text that looks like this is not actually part of the story, but are my own *funny* notes. Don't get them confused and read them as part of the story. If I ever use it for a different purpose, I'll let you know."

"So! *claps* Let's get the ball rolling!"

Updated Accents for Characters:

Vinh - Slight Vietnamese accent, but it's so tiny you don't even notice it's there. ('Less you have supersenses, of course)

Barry - British accent

Dracaena - Half British accent. Like, half British and half English.

Liesel - German accent.

Evon - A bit of a french accent, not too heavy but it's still there.

Mason - Slight Chinese accent between his American accent

Dorian - Argentinian/Hispanic accent.

Nadia - Slight Chinese accent

[NOTE: For the sake of efficiency and not too much repetition, I'll be referring to the group as 'the zodiacs', even though they don't know they're the zodiacs yet. Thank you for understanding!]

"Three... two... one..."

"A Chinese Zodiac Applyfic, Act 1, Scene 2!"

"ACTION!"

-----------------------------------------------

There was really nothing else the group of 13 could do except dutifully their two guides (more like kidnappers) into the building. If possible, the inside was even more grand and beautiful than the outside-but also a lot more chaotic.

There was a sleek silver-and-glass-and-crystal front desk and a lobby, a plush star-specked rug in the middle. The walls were ever-shifting universes, screens with pictures flashing quickly on them on the walls. A chandelier made out of what seemed to be real stars hung from the ceiling.

Oddest of all, little... creatures scurried back and forth everywhere. They were all rather short, all with star-spangled skin and tufts of silver, gray, or white hair. They were dressed in rather lovely starry frocks and suits.

"What are they?" Nagini asked with a sniff.

"Star Helpers," Ea replied, waving at one. "Cute, aren't they?"

Shouting filled the area as they made their way to the front desk, Star Helpers running here and there, some carrying files while others had tools clutched tightly above their heads. 

"They aren't... slaves, are they?" Liesel asked slowly, frowning worriedly.

Ea looked horrified. "Oh, no, never!"

"They choose to help us," Cal said, patting Liesel's shoulder. "And they like it, so don't worry."

"I hate slavery," Ea said, shuddering. "Nasty. I almost participated in the Civil War, you know, but Emp stopped me." He let out a regretful sigh.

"And thank goodness he did," Cal grumbled. "I don't ever want to even imagine what kind of havoc this idiotic river would've caused." 

"Well, come now, you would do the same wouldn't you-"