𝕰𝖕𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖉𝖊 𝟒: Meet the *mAgIcaL* Teachers

After a one-week-turned-two-week break, I've finally, finally, written the fourth Chapter. Enjoy!

[PRE-READING WARNING: Laying the angst on thick in the beginning. Mentions of self-harm, suicide.]

[NOTE: I asked some of you what you wanted your zodiacs' mentor to be. Some of you I obeyed and some I didn't since I already decided. I apologize.]

--------------------------------

The next morning, Barry woke up with the warm sun shining in his face. Groaning, he rolled over, squinting at the clock. 

1:03 p.m.?!

His eyes snapped open instantly and he jolted out of bed... only to immediately regret it as his entire body protested against it. Ah... that's right. He flashed back to yesterday, the many strenuous hours of digging through the weeds, clearing them out, and sharpening the weapons. His back, arms, legs, and entire body in general ached-but at least he wasn't alone. Everyone else has looked and probably felt as worn out as he was.

But it's a school day! I need to get up!

Carefully, he lifted himself (unwillingly) out of bed. Barry stopped, thoug, when he noticed something on thet able. Limping over, he saw that someone has set out a plate of baby carrots for him. A paper peeked out from under the plate. Curiously Barry tugged the paper out and read it.

Heya roomie,

You were sleeping pretty soundly so I didn't feel like disturbing you. You're probably as tired as Ryuu is so here're some carrots, so you don't have to go all the way downstairs to eat. We're out shopping. Be back soon!

-Rita

Her handwriting was shaky and the letters slanted into one another, making it hard to read, but it was nevertheless hers. Barry looked warily at the carrots, then noticed an extra note at the bottom.

P.S. The carrots aren't poisoned. It's hard even to write at this point, much less prepare poison (which is a process that requires rather delicate hands, which I currently DO NOT possess)

Cautiously Barry set down the letter and popped a carrot into his mouth. To his surprise, it tasted... really good. Crispy and fresh. It cleared his mind and energy coursed through his veins. Barry gobbled them down in an instant, (thank goodness his teeth weren't sore as well) then flipped the letter over. Grabbing the nearest pen, he clicked it open.

Thank you.

- - -

Walking downstairs after hurriedly (well, as quick as he could manage) changing, he found a tired-looking Dracaena sitting at the table, scrolling through Pinterest and looking at clothes while sipping a cup of coffee. She looked up when he entered, smiling tiredly. "Hey there, Chorie."

He mustered up a smile back. "Morning. What about school? Why are you just sitting here calmly?"

"Ea pleaded for us," Dracaena said. "Bless his kind soul. So Emp agreed to pull in a few favors. The day is ours to use-that is, until 4:00, when we're going to go back for more training."

While Barry was relieved that he wasn't going to immediately fail school when he'd barely even begun, he was also very terrified at the idea of training again. "Oh, okay... then do you know where the others are?"

"Mm." Dracaena stirred her coffee idly. "Dorian, Liesel, and Nagini are all still resting. Poor dears were all worn out by yesterday. Ryuu let Rita take over, so he's technically resting.... however that weird body sharing works. Evon, Nadia, Chaol, Rita, and Vinh are out shopping. Colt and Mason are resting still as well-or outside goofing off, not sure."