29. Darling

A/N Ok so you've got a double update PLUS an extra long chapter...hope you enjoy 😏

Aster's POV

I pick myself up off the bed and stroll over to the guitar. He was full of mysteries, this one. I run my hand over the neck, collecting specks of dust on my finger.

"Why are you so good at everything?" I murmur, the alcohol in my veins was thrumming now. A slight buzz was still echoing in my head, courtesy of the many feelings my brain had raced through tonight.

"I never said I was good at playing guitar" He says from behind me.

I look around to see him walking closer to me, his eyes on his guitar behind me. He looked slightly drunk too, his silver eyes were glossy and he had a slight pinkness to his cheeks.

"I bet you are" I retort.

He chuckles.

"You're not mad at me?" he asks quietly, now looking at me in the eyes.

I furrow my eyebrows.

"I probably should be. But right now my best friend hates me and my other best friend is heartbroken. I just don't want to think too much to be honest. So no, I'm not mad at you" I ramble, completely aware that, that did not make any sense.

"You're still drunk," he states.

I laugh at his observation.

"You're drunk too" I reply, giving him a cheeky grin.

He shoots his eyebrows up in agreement.

"Maybe you should go to bed" he suggests, digging his hands into his jeans and looking down.

I scoff, the alcohol making my internal thoughts irritatingly external. He looks up questioningly.

"Not all of us get to have a room to ourselves" I start, strolling towards him, "I do not feel like getting into a room with Parkinson and Harper right now. Who knows they've probably already torn each other to pieces?" I mumble.

He tuts and nods his head.

I look at him, one eyebrow cocked. He furrows his eyebrows at my glance.

"Well you did say, you were hoping to see me in your bed tonight" I purr.

He smirks in reply, his eyes gleaming with enthusiasm.

I walk closer to him, and run my hands up his arms and to his shoulders, feeling the cool fabric of his shirt beneath my fingers. He grabs my hips and forcefully pulls me flush against his chest. A breath escapes my lips unexpectedly.

"You're not too drunk you're going to regret this are you?" He whispers, his eyes peering down into mine with a slight tinge of concern.

"I don't think I could ever regret you" I whisper smoothly into his mouth.

He pulls me towards the bed and shuffles himself backwards and to the headboard. I follow him, climbing up onto my knees and framing his hips with them. The bed sinks beneath my knees and I shuffle myself closer to him and sit down on his lap.

"I have a suggestion" I whisper into the silent room.

"Mmm" he murmurs back, his eyes busy roaming my body sitting nicely snug on top of him.

"Do you know the silencing spell?" I mumble, giving him a slight smirk.

He looks up into my eyes and gives me a small chuckle in confirmation.

"My wands over there though, and I really don't want you to get off me" he mumbles, his voice raspy with aversion.

I give him a knowing smile and pull a kneeled leg out from underneath me. My knee high boots squeaks at the movement, and I lean over to unzip one. I pull my wand out from it and give him a wink.