62. Jealousy

Draco's POV

After we had successfully completed the first step towards Aster's theory for the cabinet, we both lazily went back to our individual beds. Not before I nabbed a goodnight kiss, something Aster did not see coming as she grabbed my hoodie for stability in shock.

I was at dinner when I saw her next. My eyes were trained on the piece of a bread roll on my plate but my ears were focused in on Aster's conversation with Nott and Zabini to my left. There was a few people between us on the Slytherin table but their conversation was loud enough for me to overhear.

"Where were you last night Aster? Blaise and I didn't see you in the library" Nott says.

If I look to my left and over the table I can see Aster from where I'm sitting. In my peripheral version I can see her figure freeze.

"I was in the library, I was probably looking for a book" she said, before I heard her pour more juice into her goblet. "What did you guys get up to last night? I went to bed quite early" She added.

"Not much, we just played wizard chess" Blaise replies.

"I was telling Blaise all about our date" Nott's annoyingly suave voice chimes in.

I grab my bread roll and sharply bite into it. I move the dry bites around in my mouth, not really wanting to swallow.

"Not a date" Aster sing-songs.

I hear Blaise laugh and Nott chuckles shortly after.

I hear a heavy thump and I twist my head to find Nott leaning over the table and staring straight at Aster, a huge grin on his face. Aster wide eyed and shocked stops drinking from her goblet and puts it down next to her plate.

"I know you had fun Aster, stop trying to deny it" he grins.

I clench my fist and stare straight ahead, trying to calm my breathing.

"Mate, what's up?" Goyle interrupts to my right.

"Nothing" I grunt, before leaving my uneaten dinner and pushing myself off the table. I don't give Goyle an excuse for my hasty exit but I do glance at Aster quickly. She looks up and catches me, she narrows her eyes slightly and I give her a fierce glare before I storm off and out of The Great Hall.

As I exit the hall and walk down the hallway towards the dungeons, I come face to face with Professor Dumbledore. Before he has a chance to say something, I sharply avoid his gaze and walk past him. My anger now amplified with panic.

Aster's POV

I quickly pick myself up and mumble a lame excuse to Blaise before I follow Draco.

As I hurry out of The Great Hall, I can see his white hair up ahead. I watch as he halts and stands idly in front of Professor Dumbledore. His shoulders tense before he moves straight past the professor, his head down.

Curious, I continue to follow him.

He goes down the corridor perpendicular to the entrance to the dungeons, his feet quicken steadily. I hesitantly follow him as he enters an empty classroom, one I had never been in before.

"What are you doing?" he demands, making me halt suddenly and stare as he sits himself on a random desk at the back of the classroom. The room is bare with just a few old desks stacked in the corner, cobwebs cover the stack of chairs at the front of the class.

"What are YOU doing?" I say back, crossing my arms in front of my chest and giving him a deathly stare.

"You were following me so I took a detour" he shrugs.