55. Revealations

Aster's POV

There was a sort of tired aching pulse behind my eyes now but my migraine had disappeared. Waking up to a Draco on top of me was a sight I never thought I would see, especially when waking from a nightmare.

I hadn't had nightmares like that in a very long time. Hogwarts was usually the only place that I could sleep soundly.

I was staring at the empty space in which Draco's guitar once stood. It was currently leant against my bed frame in my dorm, covered by a thin blanket so I didn't have to be reminded of him every time I went to bed.

A rush of irritation itched at my arms and I pulled myself from his bed and sat up hastily on the edge, running my hands through the tangles in my hair, I inwardly groaned.

"You haven't talked to me in days" I said through clenched teeth, keeping my gaze on the window opposite me, the Black Lake eerily still behind it.

I took a moment to breath before I stood up. My anger was steadily rising, my thoughts now reorganising in my clouded head.

"You've been ignoring me for days and now you pretend to care?"

I hear Draco shuffle off his bed and in my peripheral vision I watch as he approaches.

"I-" he starts.

"You can't change your mind now, we don't have to be...friends, we can just work together. If I help you, he doesn't need to call on my father anymore" I explain, my face growing hot.

I still refuse to look at him and instead keep my eyes trained on the tendrils of seaweed now floating into the frame of the window.

"Good luck trying to help me when you don't even know where the cabinet is" he grunts.

I swivel round and find Draco's eyes narrowed and full of fire. In the darkness of the room I can make out that his fists are clenched by his sides, his mouth tight in a stern line.

I glare at him.

"I will follow you all around this bloody castle Malfoy, don't underestimate me" I challenge.

He doesn't waver in his piercing glare.

"Don't." He orders, his voice gruff and commanding, causing shivers to radiate down my spine.

I stalk up to him, not tearing my gaze from him now. Challenging him with my eyes.

"Don't what?"

He stares at my lips, his eyes still narrowed.

He tilts his head down and closer to mine.

"Stay away from me Flint. Don't come near me again". There's conviction in his voice but I can tell he doesn't want to mean it. His silver eyes lose their fire.

"You don't really want me to stay away, you just don't want me to get involved" I spit back, my anger still bubbling in my stomach.

He doesn't remove himself from the position, so I push my head closer to his, our foreheads touching.

"You can't protect me, I'm a Flint, we protect ourselves. Stop trying to be the hero in your sick dark story Malfoy."

I watch as his jaw ticks and his eyes close.

Suddenly, a force so strong that I gasp so loudly I choke on my own saliva, pushes me into the wall next to the window. One hand is around my neck, pressing lightly so I can't move.

I look up wide eyed and find an anger akin to murder in his eyes. The sight doesn't frighten me like it should, instead my stomach coils and goosebumps rise on my arms in excitement.