35. Beffiting

Aster's POV

I don't let him kiss me, it was getting too easy for him to shuffle me into a quiet spot. Instead I push my hands against his chest and lean backwards. His eyes go wide and he gives me a pout.

"I need your help with something" I mutter, giving him a smile.

His hands stay gripped on my waist, his body practically flush against mine as I sit perched on the very edge of the desk.

"D.A.D.A homework" I grin.

His hands drop from my waist in disappointment, the lust in his eyes that was there just moments ago, vanished, now replaced with dismay.

"Sorry" I mutter, grinning still.

He doesn't step away from me and a large part of me is glad he's still nestled between my legs.

"I don't have the money for a tutor but I'm sure I can find another way to repay you" I smirk, hoping for a small reaction.

His smirk returns, his fingers trace the curve of my jaw, making me shiver unexpectedly.

"Oh that will be fun" he drags out each word softly into my ear.

The hot breath tickles my ear and my mouth parts as the filthy thoughts flick through my head.

I jump up in a fluster, knocking his body backwards. He stumbles slightly but his huge smirk stays present on his handsome face.

"I need to go get my books" I mumble.

He smiles at me before pulling a chair out from the desk I was just sitting on and rearranging the books that were stacked in the corner.

"You leave your stuff here?" I ask, confused.

"No one else comes here so I might as well just leave it all here" he shrugs.

This boy was so curious. I had know idea he spent so much time alone. I usually studied with Harper or Blaise. I did slightly better than the others, so I always found it hard to find someone to help with with subjects I found harder.

Draco seemed to match me in intelligence. I was so glad I finally had someone to challenge me.

I left him huddled in his dusty corner and hurried to my room.

Blaise was lounging by a fire in the common room, his feet up on one side dangling over the arm, his head in the same magazine as before.

"Hey do you mind-"

"if you hang out with Malfoy?" he interrupts, lowering his magazine and cocking one eyebrow.

"Shush" I hiss, my eyes shooting around the vicinity for any eavesdroppers.

He rolls his eyes at my agitation.

"I'm not 'hanging' out with him per say, he's helping me with some homework" I explain, hitting his leg that was splayed out in front of him.

"yeah, yeah whatever you want to call it" he mutters, burying his head back into his magazine.

"Are you ok?"

He looks up with a disconcerting look.

"I'm fine" he replies shortly.

"I mean about Harper?" I add. He was acting rather normal for someone who just got heartbroken by his best friend.

He looks over his magazine again but his eyes look weary this time, tired and old.

"I try not to think about it too much to be honest" he admits.