*1*

"the show must go on."

I shouldn't be this nervous, I've prepared for this my whole life

"Please give a warm welcome to Miss Dumont!" As I walk up on stage my heart skips a beat - thousands are watching me in person, and millions on T.V.

Muggles do have it tough.

I guess it's a good thing I won't have to pretend to be one for much longer...

* * *

"Azia, dear!"

I walk down the stairs of our elegant home, "Yes, mother?" As beautiful as it is, it never matched my personality, but more-so my mothers.

"Your father and I have something to tell you." As I look back and forth between my mother and father, urging them to go on, they both look over to the white grand piano, sitting in the middle of the room, unattended.

After many years of learning piano and becoming the best of the best in the muggle world, I know that this is my cue to play. I walk over and sit, slowly placing my fingers on the keys.

"Well as you know, you should be heading back to Durmstrang Institute for your 6th year very soon," my mother said, looking to my father as he continued for her.

"You see darling, your mother and I think it is a good idea for you to go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in Scotland instead." my father says slowly, waiting for my reaction.

If my family wasn't so sophisticated, I would've stopped playing right then and there. Not on purpose, but my curiosity would have gotten the best of me. I'd mess up the song, and have a horrible reaction, possibly with yelling, yet surprisingly, I didn't do that.

Instead, I continue playing the piano - just as I should - since it's the only thing I'm good for.

After all, the show must go on.

- posted September 14, 2020