*3*

"It's a good thing I love a challenge"

"It's a good thing I love being one"

"Oh, you again," I mumble, as I walk past him

"Nice to see you again, too," I hear Draco scoff from behind me.

As I begin to walk away, I feel the train come to a halt. The atmosphere darkens and a black dust-like consistency fills the air. I look to Draco, who seems like he understands what's happening.

"Hurry," he whispers, "in here." The boy's cold arm pulls me back into the bathroom I was just in.

My father told me about what's happening; dementors. The blond boy takes out his wand, and I do the same, clutching it hard. When we hear something nearby, my breath hitches and I can tell the boy next to me notices - but his does just the same.

He protectively pushes me behind him, and I scowl, "Who do you think-" I begin, but stopped by his free hand covering my mouth.

His eyes widen as mine narrow. "Don't say a word," he whispers. He pulls a protective arm over my shoulder and tucks me under his arm. I don't know what comes over me, but I wrap my hands around the stranger's waist, still staring at the door of the bathroom. When he speaks, his voice is low and raspy, "I don't know why they're here, they shouldn't want us."

"After what happened with the DA last year...oh I don't know, maybe they're suspicious?" I whisper back.

Before I know what's happening, a dementor slides open the door, appearing in front of us. I hold my breath and abandon my wand, instead sticking my head into the blond boy's chest. He doesn't resist but starts tightening his grip around me, placing his chin on my head.

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see him still holding his wand up, "We are no threat to you."

After another moment, the dementor leaves, and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Either way, I don't let go of Draco, and he doesn't either. Instead, he lowers his wand, sticking it in his pocket, then holds me tighter with both arms. He too, lets out a breath, and I slowly pull away, but not removing my arms from his torso. I clench my jaw, realizing what just happened.

Grabbing his green and silver striped tie, I bring him centimeters from my face. I feel his cold minty breath on my face, "I know 23 painful ways to break different bones in your body, using just my index finger." My breathing is heavy, as I stick my wand into his neck, still holding him close to me, "Why did you help me? What do you want me for? Did my father send you-"

"Wow, calm down. Don't flatter yourself," he begins as he raises his hands in the air in defense. "It was a one time thing, which means if you tell anyone, my father will hear about this."