*30*

"We love the attention."

"So, you've signed up for the talent show I hear?"

After a while, my mother and father calmed down. They didn't leave though, as my mother was still worried, but as much as I told her I'm fine, she wouldn't budge. They also never spoke about Micheal, instead moved on, changing the conversation as if nothing had happened. I decided not to push it through.

"Yes," I answer simply.

"I hear it'll be on the piano..." she trails off, "and a duet for that matter. You'll be singing; I didn't know you could sing." There's a lot she doesn't know about me. "With who?"

"Draco Malfoy."

My fathers' eyes snapped up at me at the sound of this. "Well, that's brilliant! You must get closer to him! Use him to help the Taylor name! For once you're thinking straight Everligh!"

"Father, he's my-" boyfriend, but he's not. "We like each other, more than friends. I'd like to say it's going somewhere."

It's odd speaking about this with my father, but my mothers' eyes light up. "That's wonderful, dear." She puts a caring hand on mine. "Are you happy?"

"Oh please, who cares about her happiness. As long as she fixes what she's ruined." My father said, turning back to look out the window.

"Let her answer the question." My mother turned back to me. "Go on, Everliegh."

"Yes, no doubt about it. I'm the happiest I have ever been." I blush, as I think about the incredible boy I can hopefully soon call mine.

"That's wonderful-"

"Perform a song," My father interrupts. "with the additional duet."

"What?"

"Perform that same song, and get us a dinner with the Malfoy's. Just then, maybe, I'll think about going easy on you."

He means my mother; he'll go easy on my mother. Without hesitation, I nod, "We'll be back to watch you in less than two months." My mother says, embracing me in her warm hug. "Remember Poised, Perfect Pure-blood." I nod in response. Those three words have been my life rules. "See you soon, darling." She steps away, as I smile back warmly at her, and holds my fathers' hands. With that, there's a loud crack, and they're gone.

Suddenly the door opens wide and Madam Pomfrey comes in. "Oh dear, thank heavens they finally left! Not to be rude, they seem lovely-" debatable "-but you should get going. A lot of people have been asking to see you, and I believe you've been cooped up long enough. Here are some clothes, go ahead and freshen up, and head on out." I thank her and change into fresh clothes. It's a black shirt and some dark blue workout leggings. I tie my messy hair up, into a ponytail, and head off towards the Great Hall for dinner. Everybody is already eating, as I can hear the chatter through the halls.

I open the large doors, and stand in the middle, taking the view of all my friends I missed so dearly. Suddenly, an ear killing shriek was let out. All eyes turned to the Slytherin who did this: Daphne. She points right at me, as I smile. Literally, all eyes are on me, as those I care for start running to me, embracing me.

First was Blaise.

We did our handshake, - slap our palms together twice, fist bump, and point at each other - before he gave me a gigantic hug and a slap on the back.

"Really had to make the entrance, didn't you Everligh?"

"Oh shut up and give me a hug, my twins." I hug Fred and George, as they've grown on me. They're quite the jokesters, and make me laugh when nobody else can. I let out a little chuckle just thinking about it, before moving to Daphne and Millicent. After air kisses and more hugs, Cedric pulls me up, into the air, spinning me around. "Put me down, Hufflepuff!"

"Your wish is my command." We let out a chuckle. After more hugs, and lots of worrying questions from Hermione, Ron, and Harry, I finally reach Draco. Surprisingly, he waited patiently for me to finished with my other friends before pulling me into a massive hug, giving me a loving kiss on the forehead. Only we knew where we stand in our relationship, so we don't kiss, leaving everyone in the Great Hall with questions.

We love the attention.

"I thought I wouldn't get to see you again, Taylor." he jokes, yet with a caring look in his deep, grey eyes.

I get on my tippy toes and lean into his ears, as I whisper, "Couldn't get rid of me that easily." I go back down, a smirk on my face, and I resist the urge to kiss him, right then and there.

We leave each other's touch, as Luna and Cho pull me towards everyone else. "I'm so glad you're okay," Cho exclaims.

"We all are, Everliegh," Luna notes.

"I missed you all too, and as much as I want to talk with all of you, I'd kill for some food right now," I mention, looking around with slight puppy eyes.

"She's right!" Crabbe begins.

"That hospital food must suck." Goyle continues. They all nod in agreement and I promise to speak to everyone later and suggest they all come to the common room tomorrow night, seeing as it's a Friday today, and tomorrow will be Saturday.

"But only Slytherins are allowed in there, Ev." Blaise reminds.

"And? What's the problem with living on the edge a bit? We can throw a party! Oh yes, Daphne can plan it! We all know she's incredible with that kind of thing, and everyone is of course welcome." I plead, turning to Draco as if I need his permission. "Please, it'd be a blast."

He looks around to see everyone looking back at him expectedly, before looking back to me. "Oh, fine." he gives in, throwing his arms in the air. He cups my face before continuing, "You're lucky you're cute."

He gives me a soft kiss on the forehead, and we hear "Ooooh's" coming from the group.

"Oh shut it!" I exclaimed, frustrated they ruined the moment. "Now," I begin, grabbing Draco's hand. I head to the Slytherin table, "let's eat!" I sit in my usual spot, with Millicent next to me, Crabbe, Goyle, and Draco across from me. Daphne and Blaise decided to skip dinner, and are decorating the common room for our arrival.

I grab some smoked salmon and some salad. I chow down my food, as I speak with Millicent. She's talking about how Crabbe and Goyle both like her. I glance between her, and the three boys sitting across from us. Draco and I lock eyes for a second, and he sends me a wink before continuing his conversation with Crabbe and Goyle. As dinner finishes quickly, everyone heads to their separate common rooms.

* * *

"I know it's idiotic, but I'm tired!" I defend.

"But you were lying in bed for so long!" Daphne nags.

"Yeah, a bed practically made of needles. I want to sleep!" I reply, telling the truth.

"Ugh fine. Party pooper." Daphne huffs, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Oh, shut it. Go make out with your boyfriend."

- posted December 20, 2020