*2*

"Oh, you again"

A tear slips down the sides of my mother's face as she waves goodbye as the Hogwarts express moves

A tear slips down the sides of my mother's face as she waves goodbye as the Hogwarts express moves. I understand why; I would cry too.

If I could.

But I can't - I haven't cried in what seems like too long. I know why, but I'll never bring myself to tell anyone.

I'm not paying any attention as to where I'm going when I bump into someone, dropping the backpack on my one arm, my journal falling out of it. I would have fallen too, but cold hands grab my shoulders and hold me steady. I don't care to see who helped me, going to pick up my journal and backpack.

I would have walked away, but instead a stern voice stopped me, "You should watch where you're going."

I look up to see a tall, blond boy standing in front of me. He's skinny, but not in an unattractive way. He's actually quite handsome, but I'd never let myself admit it.

"You should watch who you're talking to," I snap back. Mother would never let me speak to anybody rudely, yet here and now, I couldn't care less.

He looks taken back, but quickly covers it up with a smirk, showing he's impressed, "I don't think I've seen you around before." He holds out his hand, wanting me to shake it, "I'm Malfoy; Draco Malfoy."

His hand stays there as I don't shake it.

"Azia Dumont," I say, looking him in his eye, pretending to not notice his hand still staying there.

I see his slightly embarrassed face, as he drops his hand after I didn't shake it, "Pleasure," he pauses, "Dumont- I think I've heard a friend of mine mention that name before.." he trails off, a pondering look on his face.

"I wouldn't be surprised," I respond, crossing my arms.

"Well Dumont," he studies me for a brief moment, before continuing, "I can't say I'm impressed. I hope you know just because you're new here doesn't mean you'll get it easy."

"My apologies for the misunderstanding, but who said I like it easy?" I question, a slight smirk growing on my face, making a smile leave his.

I walk away and continue to search for a compartment to sit in. I come across one with two girls and two boys sitting in it. One of the girls opens the compartment door, with a smile on her face.

"Hello, looking for a compartment?" she asks. I nod, as she opened the door wider, welcoming me in. I give a small, warm smile to everyone and take a seat by the window. "I'm Hermione Granger. This is Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Ginny Weasley," she explains, pointing to everyone in the compartment.

Everyone gives a smile back, saying hello, "Azia Dumont, very nice to meet you all." I reply.

"Are you new here?" Ginny asks.

I slightly nod, "Yes, I'm a transfer from Durmstrang, but I move around a lot in the Muggle word."

"You went to Durmstrang? Isn't that an all-boys school?" Ron questions, earning a nudge from Harry.

I chuckle under my breath, "Yes, it is. It was difficult being literally one of the only girls there, but I made do. It's one thing I was well known for, among other things," I smile, humbly.

"Well it's great nice to meet you, Azia," Harry says. "So I presume you get sorted today?"

I smile, "Oh yes, my father told me about that."

"We're all in Gryffindor, so hopefully you'll be joining us. You seem like a Gryffindor, and I'm sure you'll fit in just great," says Ginny, looking over with a smile.

I smile back, I look out the window, falling asleep to the sound of light chatter and the view of moving trees.

* * *

I found out some more about the people I sat with. Harry Potter is supposedly the 'Chosen One', but I don't buy it. How can a skinny, short kid possibly take down Voldemort? I also found that Ginny and Ron are siblings and have 5 older brothers; Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred, and George. They're all pure-bloods, Harry is a half-blood, but Hermione is a muggle-born; that just made her a whole lot more annoying.

Even though I live in the muggle world when I'm not at school, I do rather despise muggles, as do my parents. The only reason we put up with them is to be able to grow the Dumont name. It's also an escape when we need some time away from the Wizarding World.

* * *

"We're nearly there!"

"Let's get changed into our robes," Hermione suggests. We left the guys to change in the compartment while the girls headed off towards the bathroom. I find an empty one and lock myself in.

I put down my backpack and pull out my robes, putting it on over my outfit; a pair of classic Doc Martins, a black leather skirt and a red tube top. My robes are black since I haven't been sorted a house yet, though that'll change soon.

I take a look at myself in the mirror. My long, brown hair rests neatly over my chest, although I've always wanted to dye it. I look into my reflection and see my deep green eyes, wondering what color would suit me. I have a small nose and a defined face - my side profile is really nice too, but that may be bias.

My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door. "Just a minute," I say, gathering my belongings, but I hear the knock again. "Hold on!" I yell, only to be replied with another knock.

I slide open the door quickly, "Ugh, what is your problem?" I look up to see the same blond boy looking down at me. This is the type of guy I'd let Voldemort fight - that'd be fun to watch.

"Oh, you again," I mumble.

- posted September 17, 2020