*24*

"Cherry Chapstick."

After breakfast, I thanked Draco one more time before heading over to the bathroom to get ready for the rest of the day

I did my makeup, and let my wavy, dark hair fall just below my shoulders. I did a little bit of a half up half down, and then pulled a few strands in front to shape my face. I changed into some light blue denim shorts and a black tank top. I put my Slytherin robes on top, and checked myself one more time, before going to apply my signature Cherry Chapstick - there was just one problem; it wasn't there.

"Malfoy!"

I immediately hear Draco's footsteps hurrying into the bathroom, while I continue to rummage through my makeup bag, "What, what, what?"

"Where is my chapstick? It's not here."

"Jeez woman, I thought it was something important!" I grab the towel sitting on the counter and give him a little smack on the head.

"Seriously, where is it?"

"How am I supposed to know?"

"You didn't take it?"

"No, why would I take it? If I want some, I'll ask for some."

"Oh." I furrow my eyebrows, thinking back to when I last had it. Did I put any on before bed? What about in the common room? What about- "The closet from seven minutes in heaven; it's in there! I threw it over my shoulder or something and never picked it up."

"What's the big deal? It's a tube of chapstick. I'll just buy you a new one."

"Yeah, but that ones from America; they're not gonna have it here. Plus it's the one from the first day I slept here." I lean towards him and hold his hand. "And from spin the bottle, and from the Amortentia, also it's-"

"Okay, okay, we'll go get it." he sighs in defeat, rolling his eyes.

"Perfect." I give him a peck on the lips, before cleaning up my things. I grab my backpack, and head for the door. Before I can open it, Draco sighs loudly. "Yes, Malfoy?"

"Oh, nothing." I raise an eyebrow, "My hand just feels so empty." he sighs again, pouting. I walk over to where he's standing and intertwined my fingers with this.

"Better?"

"Much."

We finally head out the door, and into the common room. Crabbe and Goyle are there with Millicent, so Draco and I leave and let them do their own thing. We stop at the closet we were in the night before, and take a look around the hallway, before going in. "Obviously nobody was in here since we were, so hopefully it's around here," I say, looking under the table. "Come on, help me look!"

Reluctantly, Draco sighs and helps me look.

* * *

"I don't know what to say baby, but maybe it rolled away somewhere."

I sigh, knowing there's nothing we can do about it now. "Okay."

"Come on, let's get to the Great Hall. Just because we ate doesn't mean we can't see our friends." I take his hand again, and he leads me to the door of the Great Hall. When I see some people, I quickly let go of it.

Only some people know about me and Draco - whatever we are - but we're doing well keeping it under the wraps. Our Slytherin friend group knows, and some other Slytherins have probably caught on from us being together so often, but mostly the kiss in the common room.

Draco walks me over towards the Slytherin table. We sit in our normal seats; Draco across from me, leaving room for Goyle and Crabbe, and next to me is Blaise, sitting with Daphne. I leave room for Millicent on my other side, like usual. "Morning." I sigh as I put my bag down.

"Good morning." Daphne chirps.

"Hey, man," Blaise says, doing their signature handshake. I have handshakes with a lot of them too:

Blaise and I slap our palms together twice, fist bump, and point at each other, which usually ends with a wink, or just cracking up.

Me, Crabbe, and Goyle have the same handshake. We simply slap our hands twice; one on the palm, the other on the outside of our hand, ending it with a fist bump.

Daphne and I air kiss, and Millicent and I always just hug. They aren't much of a handshake person - too 'sophisticated'. Perks of being pure-blood Slytherins I guess.

I don't even want to go near Pansy, but Draco; our handshake is just kissing.

I pick up a green apple and take a bite out of it. "Malfoy?"

"Mhm," he mumbles, raising his eyebrows but not looking up from his ring.

"We don't have a handshake. I have a handshake with everyone but you."

He furrows his eyebrows, thinking. "You're right. Our handshake is.." he pauses, smirks, and continues. "..making out." I throw a blueberry at him. "Only kidding, if you want we can make one."

"Well, it's no fun when you say it like that."

"Okay, then we just won't-"

"Okay! Fineeeee." He lets out a laugh. "Come on let's do this," I say. He holds out his hand, letting me do whatever I want. I slap the palm of his hand three times. "And it has to be different since we're.." I stop myself. What are we? "..us." I hold out my pinkie, to do a pinkie promise.

"You're serious?"

"Deadly."

He lets out a soft chuckle, and shakes his head, but links his pinkie with mine. I think of what to say; "Always."

"What?" he questions.

"Always. Every time we do this, we say always. You know; always together or something.."

Why did I say that?

He doesn't want that type of stuff - he's Draco Lucius Fucking Malfoy for fucks sake.

He can see the worry on my face, "It's perfect."

A smile lights up my face. Without letting go of his pinkie, I lean in, asking for a kiss. He immediately replies, pressing his soft, warm lips on mine. "Hey! Watch it! You're going to contaminate the food!"

I lean back, finally letting go of Draco's pinkie. "Way to ruin the moment Blaise. I'm getting you back for that."

"Oh is that a challenge?"

"Hell yeah, it is!"

"Oh, and by the way..." he pauses, reaching into his pocket. "...you dropped this."

An audible gasp leaves my lips. "Blaise, oh my god you asshole! We went looking for this; we could've gotten in trouble."

"You're sounding like the mud blood." I shoot Draco a glare at his words.

He knows he shouldn't compare me to her - I've grown respect for her.

"Geese, sorry! Here! Take it, woman!" In my hand again, is something I missed oh so very dearly.

Cherry Chapstick.

- posted December, 2 2020