*34*

Sincerely, Cecilia

It's the next day, and it was practically freezing but I didn't care

The excitement was too much. For so long now, I've dreamt of being a Slytherin Quidditch player, and here I am, at tryouts. I'm standing with about thirty male housemates, all big and muscular. I was the only girl that came for tryouts.

Girls from Slytherin aren't usually allowed to play sports, since it's deemed unladylike. My parents would be throwing a fit if they ever found out I even stepped near a broom since I left home. Apart from that, my friends and I were the only third year that had the courage to go even near the team. Our house is known for getting more of the intimidating players, that had no problem elbowing the other team when the referee isn't paying attention.

I have loose morals, so I wouldn't mind elbowing Cho Chang until some of her teeth fall out.

The boys were all rowdy and rough; they pushed each other and wrestled. Draco stood close by me, careful to shove anyone that came near me. We were all in green practice jerseys that we were given. It was a little too big for me, but I made it work.

The Captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team, Marcus Flint, was in front of the group with Draco, the co-captain. He growls out an order for everyone to be quiet, and instantly, everyone obeys. Marcus Flint might not be from the best family, but respect for him is due to his violent history with Quidditch is fairly high.

"Alright everyone, get on your brooms and show us your horrendous flying." Marcus barks, hopping onto his own broom.

"If you fall off, never show your face again, or don't think we will hesitate to hex you," Draco adds.

I deploy on my broom, and Draco and I share a smirk before flying away. We didn't talk about what happened the previous night, but I think we were both thinking about it. Either way, I put it aside, Quidditch now being my main focus. Flying was otherworldly for me. It was calming and therapeutic, even if I was going 100 miles per hour. I was flying faster than all the other boys trying out, either because of pure skill, or I'm just lighter on my broom. I hear Marcus mercilessly shout at the boys behind me, "You're letting a girl be faster than you? PICK IT UP!"

It was hours of flying and hours of passing the Quaffle back and forth between Marcus and Graham, with no break. I think Marcus is set on letting Draco have Seeker, but I wasn't going to give up just yet. I've been doing extremely good, but it seems like Marcus wants me as a Chaser more than a Seeker. He throws the Quaffle fast and hard, like it's a Bludger, the force almost knocking me off my broom. I get the feeling he's going a bit harder on me than the others, testing my strengths.

Either way, I sucked it in. If I wanted to play, I needed to have the endurance for it. Terrence Higgs was a hard Keeper to score from. He was fast and big, but Quidditch and flying were like second nature to me. After a few test shots, I was raining down, score after score. He looked out of breath by the time I was asked to stop.