*23*

"Even if she isn't."

I wake up in the arms of the man I fell asleep with the night before

I prop myself up on one elbow, looking at his beautiful face. He looks so calm; so peaceful. I wish that was always his face. Sometimes his mind will go elsewhere - I can see it, but I don't ask him about it. He's allowed to keep some things personal.

As I continue to study his face, my eyes flicker down to his lips; his beautiful, soft, warm lips. Suddenly, a smile appears on those very same lips, and one eye opens to look at me. He opens the second one and with a smirk says, "Staring problem, Taylor?"

"Only with you, Malfoy." I give him a peck on the lips.

"How long have you been staring?" he asks.

"How long have you been awake?"

"Thirty seconds?"

"Well, then thirty seconds." We both let out a small chuckle, and I lay my head on his chest. He strokes my hair with his hand, relaxing me. I doze off again, to the sound of Draco Malfoy's breathing.

* * *

I wake up again, as my eyes adjust. I turn over to give the blonde boy next to me a kiss, but there's just one flaw to my plan; he's not there.

Confused, I sit up in the bed. I look over at my nightstand to find a note:

"Good morning princess. Go back to bed, and don't worry, I'm fine. Blaise wanted me. I'll be back soon. -D.M"

I sigh; I can practically smell the Mahogany Apple coming off of the parchment. I lay back down in bed. Before I fall back asleep, the door opens. I close my eyes and pretend I never woke up. I hear footsteps come towards me, and a hand grabbing mine. I feel those soft lips kiss my forehead.

"Good morning beautiful. I'm back." I open my eyes slowly as if just waking up, and stretch out on the bed.

"Morning," I say, yawning. I look over to the nightstand to see a silver tray, with utensils, napkins, two glasses, and two plates.

"Up for some breakfast?" he asks, sitting on the edge of the bed. I pull my legs out from under the sheets and place them on his lap.

He rubs my legs as I say, "This is cute," I pause, eyeing him suspiciously. "what'd you do?"

He chuckles, "Do you really think so low of me?" I raise an eyebrow, which makes him laugh again, "I didn't do anything, I just wanted to treat you." he smirks.

I'm suspicious, but put it aside, "Thanks, I guess," I laugh, "you know you didn't have to though."

"I know, but I wanted to. Come on, what do you want?"

"Ooh, uh veggie omelet, maybe some pancakes?"

Without a word, Draco takes his wand out, gives it a little whirl, and pancakes and omelet appears on the plates. "Come on, let's sit over here. Knowing your clumsiness, you're going to get all my sheets dirty." he winks, as I give out a laugh. He picks up the silver tray full of food and moves it to the ground, where we sit comfortably next to each other, leaning our backs on the wall. We chat and laugh but mostly eat. I didn't realize I was actually pretty hungry. The food was amazing, and Draco whipped us up some orange juice (with his wand of course - as if he'd ever make it).

I finished drinking, "Thanks babes, that was really good."

"Full?"

"Very." He gives out a little chuckle, as I send him a confused look. He answers it when he says, "You have a little something..." He points to my mouth. "Here let me just..." he picks up a napkin and moves a little closer, which I didn't realize was possible, wiping away the food.

"Thank you."

"No problem." He gives me a kiss on the lips; it certainly just another wasn't a peck, but it didn't go anywhere. I look into those beautiful grey eyes, which look more alive than when I first met him.

"Yes."

He looks confused. "Yes, what?"

"Yes...I'll do that talent show with you."

His face lights up.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Babe! That's incredible - I totally forgot about it. What changed your mind?"

"I don't know," I shrug. "I guess spending time with you makes me happy. You, Draco Lucius Malfoy, make me happy."

- D R A C O -

"Yes."

I give her a confused look. What is she talking about? "Yes, what?"

"Yes, I'll do that talent show with you."

I feel my face light up.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Babe! That's incredible - I totally forgot about it. What changed your mind?"

"I don't know," she shrugs. "I guess spending time with you makes me happy. You, Draco Lucius Malfoy, make me happy."

"And believe me when I say that you, Everliegh Rose Taylor, make me happy."

And that wasn't a lie.

This girl- no.

This woman is incredible; she is unimaginable - extraordinary - improbable - breathtaking.

She is mine and I am so lucky to have her. I'm grateful, and I'm thankful and overwhelmingly pleased. Even if I don't show it sometimes, I appreciate her so much. In the little time, I've known her, she's taken my breath away.

'So this means she isn't embarrassed by me.'

She's fine with doing the talent show. She wants to sit, play the piano, and sing in front of all these schools, and all these teachers. In front of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, in front Durmstrang Institute for Magical Learning, in front of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, in front of Castelobruxo, and all the other schools. Even in front of the Ministry of Magic, and all the teachers you could think of. In front of Pottah and Diggory and Weasley, and all the other guys who are fawning over her.

But most importantly this way, everyone will know she is taken - everyone will know she is mine.

Even if she isn't.

- posted November 29, 2020