25

it was finally the day of the release party. sloane has been waiting for this day since tessa said she would be working with jace. this is the last time she would have to see him and talk to him and she couldn't wait for him, and willow, to finally be out of her life.

all of the guests started to walk inside of the venue where the party was being held. sloane was a little nervous since she was releasing a song and that always makes her nervous but on top of that zach was coming, and she hadn't seen him since she left australia early.

"SLOANE OH MY GOSH" christina said running over to the younger girl and engulfing her in the tightest hug. "i've missed you so much"

"i've missed you too but i still have to like breathe christina and i'm not doing that right now" sloane said causing christina to let her go.

"HI BABY" sloane said when she saw gabbie walk in, but instead of hugging gabbie she grabbed lavender out of gabbie's arms and spun the little girl around.

"um hello your best friend who came to support you and brought the baby you love and gave birth to the baby you love is right here waiting for her hug" gabbie said folding her arms.

sloane then turned to gabbie and smiled giving gabbie a hug but not a tight one since lavender was in her arms. "sorry i just really love lav"

"we are all well aware of that" a familiar voice said making sloane look behind gabbie only to see her best friend standing there.

"DANIEL SEAVEY MY RAT" sloane said handing lavender back to gabbie and walking over to daniel to give him the tightest hug.

"how have you been fugly?" daniel said chuckling as he returned the hug. sloane rolled her eyes playfully at the "nickname" he gave her, it was only fair since she called him a rat.

"missed you even though you talked to me everyday, like clingy much" sloane said sarcastically causing him to push her jokingly.

"yeah whatever now where's my girlfriend?" daniel asked as sloane pointed to the corner of the room where all the snacks were. "of course she went for the food first ok i'll catch you later"

he then walked off revealing four other boys, three of them with smiles on their faces while the fourth one stayed back a bit and looked a little nervous.

"HEY SLOANE" jonah, corbyn, and jack said in unison causing the girl to smile, she had missed her best friends. the three of them all gave her a hug.

"you know the last release party we did was ours for lovely" jack said smiling at the memory causing everyone to hum in agreement.

"that's right cause sloane didn't do one for her album" corbyn said looking at the girl.

"yeah why didn't you have one sloane? i think we would've had a lot of fun" jonah asked her furrowing his eyebrows.

"well you guys were getting ready to leave for tour and if i had planned it y'all wouldn't have made it so i decided not to because i would want everyone to be there ya know" sloane explained as the other three nodded.

jonah, corbyn, and jack then realized that zach hadn't said a word to sloane or just at all so they decided it would be best to give the two some time alone for a minute and hope it goes well.

"where's the um bathroom? we have to go" corbyn asked sloane as she titled her head confused.

"all three of you- have to go? together?" sloane asked the three as each of them nodded their heads. "ummm okay then weirdos, it's just back that way and then make a left you'll see it"

"thanks sloane! we're so proud of you by the way okay bye bye now" they each said as they somewhat sprinted off to the bathroom causing the girl to giggle at their antics.

"missed that laugh" zach then said looking at the floor and fiddling with the rings on his fingers instead of looking at the girl since he was nervous.

he was so scared he was wrong and sloane didn't actually love him anymore. that he had actually ruined the one thing he had that made him undeniably happy.

sloane turned around to see zach who was obviously nervous which then made her nervous. "oh hey. i didn't think you'd come" she said now looking at the floor.

"why wouldn't i? i told you i'd go" zach said finally looking up at her only to see she was looking down.

sloane shrugged "i don't know i thought you were just saying that to be nice, i didn't think you would actually want to be here considering everything. i mean i still accounted for you since i was hoping you would come but still didn't kn- i'm rambling now"

zach chuckled "i missed your rambling too, it's cute" sloane then looked up at him with a semi shocked face but gave him a small smile. "you look really pretty tonight"

"thank you, you don't look too bad yourself zach" sloane said with a smile. zach was a little sad that she didn't call him zachary but he knew that he caused that and wanted to fix it.

"look sloane i'm really really-"

"oh my gosh zach hey!" jace said interrupting what zach was about to say. "i didn't think you'd show since you and sloane you know, broke up but glad you could make it"

zach nodded and plastered a fake smile on his face, "hey man, no problem just came out to support sloane even though we you know, broke up"

jace hummed and nodded also having a fake smile on his face. it that got very awkward and silent between the three.

"um dude we were kind of talking about something and you interrupted so do you mind if we could get back to that" zach said annoyed.

"oh i'm sorry about that but i actually need my girl here since the event is about to start so y'all can talk later, if we aren't busy" jace said wrapping his arm around sloane and ushering her away leaving zach in shock.

he scoffed and shook his head when he noticed sloane didn't turn back around. "guess i was wrong, she isn't still in love with me and she has in fact moved on" he mumbled to himself.

he then tried to leave but a hand grabbed him and stopped him from going. "excuse you where do you think you're going?" a familiar voice said.

zach turned around to see paris looking at him with a stern look on her face. "you're not leaving, don't you dare say anything about jace either because he just shoved her with him"

zach rolled his eyes and tried to leave again only to be stopped by paris once more. "i told you seven months ago not to fuck this up, and you did, badly"

"wow paris i love the encouragement it's really helping right now" zach said sarcastically.

"shut up and let me finish. you fucked it up and i want to kill you for it, but she needs you. i would've told her to cut you out of her life on day one but i didn't because she is miserable and i know how you make her feel" paris told him.

"i told myself i wouldn't get involved but i'm a meddler and can't help it, but she loves you zach, you haven't lost her, but if you leave, that's when you lose her trust me on that" she said and walked back to jonah giving the younger boy an ultimatum.

"to stay or to go..."

this is so long and messy i'm so sorry
bye loves <3