44

"you know you still haven't told me where we are going"

"and that's because i told you it's a surprise"

sloane rolled her eyes at zach's comment and continued to look out the window of the car. today was the last day until the boys had to go back on tour for another two months until it's over. zach had decided to surprise sloane and take her somewhere without their friends knowing.

"well can i at least text paris and let her know i'm fine, because she will NOT leave me alone" sloane said as she picked up her phone.

"nope we are friends and sister free for the day, it's just you and i, and we told them we were fine in the group chat so why is she still worried?" zach asked.

"well we did abruptly say we were okay and then left the group chat as a whole so i guess that was kind of concerning" sloane said laughing.

zach started to laugh and nodded his head. "yeah i get that, but we are here so no phones, because then she's just going to ask you where we are and you can never lie to paris"

sloane nodded and put her phone down. zach got out of the car and sloane followed, when she looked up and saw where they were she smiled and laughed.

"oh my gosh zachary really?" sloane asked causing him to nod.

"yes really! why would i joke about this?" zach stated chuckling as he grabbed the girl's hand and the two walked inside.

"hi welcome to chipotle what would you like?" the cashier asked the pair.

zach ordered instantly for the two of them getting sloane's usual order along with his own leaving the girl stunned that he still remembered her order after all this time. he paid for it at sloane's dismay but he really didn't care.

"okay you're food should be ready in ten minutes, you can sit wherever you like while you wait" the cashier told them as they thanked her and sat down.

"it's been a while since we've been here huh" zach pointed out as sloane nodded. "you know i haven't been to chipotle since i left for tour"

sloane narrowed her eyes at him. "you liar, you literally cant live without chipotle i know you"

"no i'm serious, it just didn't feel the same since you weren't there to get it with me, and to cry in the middle of the place" zach said chuckling causing sloane to giggle.

"stop we literally couldn't get through one meal without crying here, it just felt so safe" sloane mentioned causing zach to slowly nod. "okay i'll be honest, i haven't been here either since you left"

zach's mouth dropped open. "what? for real? you love it here though"

"yeah i do, but it's like you said" she started. "it just doesn't feel the same without you being here and you crying with me"

"well i'm only on tour for two more months, and then we can come here as many times as you want, remember date night fridays? we can do that, but obviously not as a date" zach suggested while scratching the back of his neck.

"why not as a date zachary?" sloane asked raising her eyebrows and smirking at him.

"well we aren't together anymore so we don't have to consider it a date since we aren't dating you know" zach rambled.

"no zach i know what you mean but i thought we were starting fresh? remember? trying again?" sloane reminded him. "so why not actually try again"

zach sat there for a moment like he was dreaming, as if he didn't know what to say. "wait-you are actually down for starting over?"

sloane giggled, "yes zach that's why i did that whole reintroduction thing with you, and why i'm calling you zachary and ma'am again, oh and why i literally let you drag me out to chipotle instead of watching tv with lavender"

"okay fine, can we count this a date then?" he asked the girl while smiling.

"oh no we can't" she told him causing him to frown and furrow his eyebrows. "you didn't officially ask me out so this can't be a date, you'd have to try again another time"

"but-but how? i leave tomorrow morning and i won't see you for another two months" zach whined as sloane just shrugged.

"guess we will just have to wait two months to go on a date then" she said smiling innocently causing zach to groan. "zachary i'm not going anywhere, unless you don't want to wait for this then we don't have-"

"no i'm willing to wait" zach interrupted. "i'm not ruining it this time, i vowed to fix this and that's what i'm gonna do"

sloane smiled, "alrighty then, but for right now our food is ready and i think we should go get that, and let's try not to cry in here this time"

zach frowned as the two of them stood up from the booth. "but why? that's what we are best at! come on i have been waiting months to cry in chipotle with you again you cant take this from me"

sloane laughed and shook her head. "you are ridiculous"

YAY FAVS ARE BACK 🥺
bye loves <3